4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My used S/C kit installed(by me)! Pics / dyno graph.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:43 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My used S/C kit installed(by me)! Pics / dyno graph.

Wish I had been able to find such a steal of a deal on a Vortech...looks like the bracket for mounting Vortech's is alot better, the whole system is a bit more compact looking. But boost is boost and I LOVE it! Need front mount intercooler and a powerpipe now!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:56 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Yup, I read it wrong. Damn you are my hero.
At least you have someone to look up to.
You have no clue how cool folks here on the forum think you are. You are like the MF mascot. Heehaw little buddy.
Just going to go ahead and delete my repsonse before posting. Send me a PM after you get out of gradeschool. Way to hijack the thread too... you ask a idiotic queston, get a perfectly polite and correct response, and get pissed because you look like a jackass....

I will PM you my sheets sohc, but I will have to do so later, as I am at work. I don't have a copy of them without the smoothing on though, and mine look at bit different anyway because it was on a mustang dyno. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some dynos just seem to do that, and the dips are seldom if ever acutally the car making the problem.

Even if it is, I doubt its the idler pulley, just the way the car is making power. If you ever see a perfectly straight and smooth curve you know something is up, cause all of them have little dips and rises.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:57 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Alright man, sounds good. And dont let the jealous people get to ya.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:58 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

I want to be the person that all the hip guys look up to. Here's my graph!!!

I don't think a bad impeller is your problem. Take it to a different shop...

Old 12-14-2006, 04:02 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

Yup, I read it wrong. Damn you are my hero.
At least you have someone to look up to.
You have no clue how cool folks here on the forum think you are. You are like the MF mascot. Heehaw little buddy.
Just going to go ahead and delete my repsonse before posting. Send me a PM after you get out of gradeschool. Way to hijack the thread too... you ask a idiotic queston, get a perfectly polite and correct response, and get pissed because you look like a jackass....

I will PM you my sheets sohc, but I will have to do so later, as I am at work. I don't have a copy of them without the smoothing on though, and mine look at bit different anyway because it was on a mustang dyno. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some dynos just seem to do that, and the dips are seldom if ever acutally the car making the problem.

Even if it is, I doubt its the idler pulley, just the way the car is making power. If you ever see a perfectly straight and smooth curve you know something is up, cause all of them have little dips and rises.

WHAT??? You didn't delete it before responding.

You're still cool 2000Gt4.6 , I don't care what everyone else says.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:02 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

You can see from his a/f its not his tune or anything. Its just the way the dyno is reading and they probably don't have the smoothing setup right (although it looks like both of yours says SAE 5).

Its no big deal, just looks a little funky on the dyno sheet. Even on mike's you can see some dipping etc at the top of the band, but his sheet isn't zoomed in quite as much.

MM&FF also stated once that the longer the dyno pull (covered RPM) the more likely you are to get kinda funky readings. They acutally went so far as to do two seperate dyno pulls on the same engine, one from like 2000 to 4500 and one from 4500 to redline to get the most accurate results possible. I notice on both of yours the bumps get more agressive the farther along in the pull.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:03 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

I'm not gunna stress out on it, I just want to change my pulley bearing so the lameass noise will go away, it drowns out my sexy whistle sometimes! My tune is dead on and that's all that matters!

Btw, your sig video is hilarious.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

I'm not gunna stress out on it, I just want to change my pulley bearing so the lameass noise will go away, it drowns out my sexy whistle sometimes! My tune is dead on and that's all that matters!

Btw, your sig video is hilarious.
Man thats gonna suck. Can you get to it without removing the entire blower bracket? I know I cannot get to mine.

I would definatly change it if its that loud though. Making that much noise it's only a matter of time before it goes out completely.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:10 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Yeah I can get to it without removing the entire bracket, WOOT. If you look at my pictures you'll see that the Paxton kit uses 2 brackets...a small one that bolts to the engine and then a bigger one that bolts to the smaller one w/ spacers....lucky for me, lol. I'd be SOOOOOOO pissed if I had to remove the whole thing.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:30 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

look good man and enjoy your boost. hopefully one day i can get a snail under my hood.

Quick Reply: My used S/C kit installed(by me)! Pics / dyno graph.