MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   What Long Tube Headers will FOR SURE fit an auto?? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/218123-what-long-tube-headers-will-for-sure-fit-an-auto.html)

JT76 12-14-2006 06:00 AM

What Long Tube Headers will FOR SURE fit an auto??

I know for a fact that SLP's will fit, i know that BBK's will not.......what brands will? and what is the difference that SLP's will work and bbk's wont?

2000GT4.6 12-14-2006 07:03 AM

RE: What Long Tube Headers will FOR SURE fit an auto??

I think the BBK's are just bent differently than the SLP's.

According to MM&FF the BBKs will definatly not fit. They just did a stick to auto swap on a blown/forged etc GT, and they had to change it out for a different set of headers. They said what set, but I don't have it on front of me.

I would call whatever company you want to buy them from (manfuacturer, not retailer) and ask them to make 110 percent sure.

1BAD3V 12-14-2006 08:44 AM

I wouldnt personally pay $800 for the SLP, although the quality is more than likely better than MAC, but I will probably just pay the $400 or so for the MAC.

JT76 12-14-2006 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

I wouldnt personally pay $800 for the SLP, although the quality is more than likely better than MAC, but I will probably just pay the $400 or so for the MAC.
I have the SLP X pipe and i really dont want any fitment problems when i get everything hooked up. I have herd from some people on here that its better to get a matching header midpipe combo just to avoid headaches

ok so far we have 2, SLP and MAC any others????

TorchRed04GT 12-14-2006 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: stanggang1892

I know for a fact that SLP's will fit, i know that BBK's will not.......what brands will? and what is the difference that SLP's will work and bbk's wont?

BBK is crap like the rest of their products. That is why they are cheap. Go with either SLP or Kooks. I would have, but I was a little misinformed.

phalcrow 12-14-2006 08:41 PM

I personally just installed a pair of MAC's on a 96 auto. They fit, except the driver's side O2 sensor is dangerously close to the transmission pan and the passenger side O2 sensor it almost impossible to get to with the transmission pan on. Otherwise, they fit great.

bigjohnson4.6gt 12-14-2006 09:01 PM

if you go to summitracing.com they have a pair of flowtechs that will fit an auto for under $300 i think, its been awhile since i checked it, but just type your car in and click on the options for your car and they will match it up

Rusmisel01GT 12-14-2006 09:20 PM

The racing shop i go through says they will only use Mac becuase it is garauntee'd to fit. So mac fits.