4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Stroked Stang (bad decision) UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:12 AM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stroked Stang (bad decision) UPDATE!

Sounds awesome man. Can't wait to see some pics and video...
Old 12-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I'd love to have an irs^^ sounds like your enjoying your car have fun
Old 12-15-2006, 11:55 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Sounds good man, good luck!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:05 PM
kylebgt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Well, after some great advice from two very knowledgeable sincere members(2000GT4.6 and code3gt)and my mechanic, I decided not to get the stang I was wanting. I told my dad that I wasnt going to get the car anymore, and he was heartbroken. He wants me to pay for a fast car just so he can drive it! lol, jerk. So, he offered me his 1990 F150 177k mile single cab(to drive daily), in return of me buying this car and us going to the track together and stuff. He was in the market for a new truck anyways, and this POS was gonna trade in for $1000 on a good day.

So, in short, Im gonna buy this car, and it wont be my daily driver. It will see 20-30 miles a week going to and from the track, with some moderate cruising. Its gonna suck paying insurance on both cars(Full coverage on the GT and bare minimum on the F150), but its gonna be worth it.

All this is assuming this car withstands my hour long *** raping(a.k.a test drive) and makes it 6 hrs back home with NO problems. I told the seller if it acts up on the way home in any way, I will turn directly around and get my money back. He agreed and insisted that it would be fine.

ATTN. code3gt and 2000GT4.6. I REALLY appreciate your input on this. I'm really glad theres guys like you that wouldnt just let me buy this car to drive everyday and be way in over my head. I can't thank you enough.
I must of missed your other thread. What are the details on this car? what year, what mods? Also your dad sounds pretty cool.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:08 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kylebgt

Well, after some great advice from two very knowledgeable sincere members(2000GT4.6 and code3gt)and my mechanic, I decided not to get the stang I was wanting. I told my dad that I wasnt going to get the car anymore, and he was heartbroken. He wants me to pay for a fast car just so he can drive it! lol, jerk. So, he offered me his 1990 F150 177k mile single cab(to drive daily), in return of me buying this car and us going to the track together and stuff. He was in the market for a new truck anyways, and this POS was gonna trade in for $1000 on a good day.

So, in short, Im gonna buy this car, and it wont be my daily driver. It will see 20-30 miles a week going to and from the track, with some moderate cruising. Its gonna suck paying insurance on both cars(Full coverage on the GT and bare minimum on the F150), but its gonna be worth it.

All this is assuming this car withstands my hour long *** raping(a.k.a test drive) and makes it 6 hrs back home with NO problems. I told the seller if it acts up on the way home in any way, I will turn directly around and get my money back. He agreed and insisted that it would be fine.

ATTN. code3gt and 2000GT4.6. I REALLY appreciate your input on this. I'm really glad theres guys like you that wouldnt just let me buy this car to drive everyday and be way in over my head. I can't thank you enough.
I must of missed your other thread. What are the details on this car? what year, what mods? Also your dad sounds pretty cool.

Mods, and other parts included

5.1L stroker KIT w/
4340 Forged 3.75" stroke crank shaft
Manly H Beams
.030 Over Probe Forged Pistons with a 10.5 cc dish
Perfect Circle Rings that have been file fitted for nitrous.

Patriot Stage 3 heads
Comp Cams 550/550 Lift 234/238 Duration @ .5 Lift
typhoon Intake P&P to match heads
Full exhaust(with BBK LT o/r X and Magnaflow catback)
36lb injectors
GMS mass air
75mm TB
Pro 5.0 shifter
Sacs Clutch
FRPP 4.10's
Tuner
D/R's
A lovely NX plate kit with all the bells and whistles

99 GT nothing special on the exterior. And yea my dads pretty cool sometime, but he pisses me off about stuff like this. He is the reason that I love cars. He loves them just as much as I do. Hes had 2 fox bodies. Now that hes old, he wants me to buy everything, and him get to reap the benefits. lol. At least he's helping out this time. My last 99GT he beat on. All my freinds would tell me, man I saw your dad the other day, he was driving like an IDIOT!" It pissed me off so bad. lol. Thanks for all the support guys.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
04gtmatt
2nd Gear Member

why do yall recomend not ddriving it, how much?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:29 PM
kylebgt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kylebgt

Mods, and other parts included

5.1L stroker KIT w/
4340 Forged 3.75" stroke crank shaft
Manly H Beams
.030 Over Probe Forged Pistons with a 10.5 cc dish
Perfect Circle Rings that have been file fitted for nitrous.

Patriot Stage 3 heads
Comp Cams 550/550 Lift 234/238 Duration @ .5 Lift
typhoon Intake P&P to match heads
Full exhaust(with BBK LT o/r X and Magnaflow catback)
36lb injectors
GMS mass air
75mm TB
Pro 5.0 shifter
Sacs Clutch
FRPP 4.10's
Tuner
D/R's
A lovely NX plate kit with all the bells and whistles

99 GT nothing special on the exterior. And yea my dads pretty cool sometime, but he pisses me off about stuff like this. He is the reason that I love cars. He loves them just as much as I do. Hes had 2 fox bodies. Now that hes old, he wants me to buy everything, and him get to reap the benefits. lol. At least he's helping out this time. My last 99GT he beat on. All my freinds would tell me, man I saw your dad the other day, he was driving like an IDIOT!" It pissed me off so bad. lol. Thanks for all the support guys.
OMG!!!!![] That sounds mean! How much whp is it laying down? and how much money? So there is no FI? You just may be giving code a run for his money I agree with everyone else, it probally shouldnt be used as a dd but I couldnt help to take it out a couple times a week just to slaughter some camaros/firebirds.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:03 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04gtmatt

why do yall recomend not ddriving it, how much?
its just not a DD car.

Driving a raised compression stroker cam'd car for a DD would be a total PITA.

Also, ZW99, the stroker kit is from livernois.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:13 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

What happens when you're truck takes a crap and you have to drive the stang every day

You guys live near springfield? I have to go there next week for a week to visit with family for christmas. We should do a cruise [sm=gears.gif]
Old 12-15-2006, 04:15 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I live in columbia. I saw the car once by complete chance at that go cart track next to the old ice cream shop(closed now) down at the lake of the ozarks.

Where do you live ben?

Quick Reply: Stroked Stang (bad decision) UPDATE!