MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Hmm found this "New" intake (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/218826-hmm-found-this-new-intake.html)

ripper 12-16-2006 05:56 AM

RE: Hmm found this "New" intake

Look close and you can see the welds. That thing isnt sheet metal its aluminum and i can see a runner on the left front. If you think thats cheesy go look at that cheesy piece of plastic under your hood now. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

2000GT4.6 12-16-2006 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

ORIGINAL: kylebgt

I wonder how well it would handle nitrous??? Probally not too well[&:]
ALOT better than that plastic, engineering nightmare under your hood.

Everyone complains about the stock intake but its acutally a great peice for a stocker, so long as you don't have a nitrous backfire.

I have not seen ONE stock intake vs aftermarket intake where the stocker didn't outperform it in the stock RPM range. And being plastic is not always a bad thing. At least the plastic will not heat soak and increase your intake temperatures....

Look close and you can see the welds. That thing isnt sheet metal its aluminum and i can see a runner on the left front. If you think thats cheesy go look at that cheesy piece of plastic under your hood now.
99.99 percent its sheet metal. Its not super thin like you would think of when thinking of sheet metal, but I bet its not aluminum.

You can weld thicker sheet metal all day long. Rodders have been building sheet metal intakes for a long long time.

droptoppony 12-16-2006 11:48 AM

That shop is very good and has a great reputation in modular racing circles...The intake is a RACE ONLY application and wasn't designed to look pretty but make hp at high RPM's on a racecar.

droptoppony 12-16-2006 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

ORIGINAL: kylebgt

I wonder how well it would handle nitrous??? Probally not too well[&:]
ALOT better than that plastic, engineering nightmare under your hood.

Everyone complains about the stock intake but its acutally a great peice for a stocker, so long as you don't have a nitrous backfire.

I have not seen ONE stock intake vs aftermarket intake where the stocker didn't outperform it in the stock RPM range. And being plastic is not always a bad thing. At least the plastic will not heat soak and increase your intake temperatures....

Look close and you can see the welds. That thing isnt sheet metal its aluminum and i can see a runner on the left front. If you think thats cheesy go look at that cheesy piece of plastic under your hood now.
99.99 percent its sheet metal. Its not super thin like you would think of when thinking of sheet metal, but I bet its not aluminum.

You can weld thicker sheet metal all day long. Rodders have been building sheet metal intakes for a long long time.
its made out of a large chunk of 6061 aluminum as per a thread i read about this intake on www.modularmisfits.com