4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

High School project!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 03:29 AM
White 96GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: High School project!

Yeah I know its not a real big block chevy Its actully the same block that they use in the NHRA'S PRO-STOCK cars and he bored it out to the maximum that the manufactor recommends. Also I'm not building a complete car just a engine for a desk top dyno in my high school engine tech class. So where can I find a forged block, Huge blower cams, great big crank, h-beam rods, twin/quad turbos, some flat top pistons to keep compression down.

This motor isn't really being built just on paper.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:38 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: White 96GT

Yeah I know its not a real big block chevy Its actully the same block that they use in the NHRA'S PRO-STOCK cars and he bored it out to the maximum that the manufactor recommends. Also I'm not building a complete car just a engine for a desk top dyno in my high school engine tech class. So where can I find a forged block, Huge blower cams, great big crank, h-beam rods, twin/quad turbos, some flat top pistons to keep compression down.

This motor isn't really being built just on paper.
Ahh, quad turbos can blow me. ATI procharger F-3R is good up to 2300hp. Lets see a N/A chebby beat that!

Check out Sean Hyland Motorsports for a crazy strong short block.

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...rtblocks.shtml

Does it have to be a 4.6? Theres a Pro 5.0 shortblock that runs in a 6 second(Yes I said 6 second 1.4 mile) TT drag car.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:48 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Any way I need to know of some websites for some bad A$$ forged blocks/cams/internals. Also Can I run a 04 cobra motor with a KB2.8 supercharger with a 500 shot of NOS? Is that even possible?
OH yea bro. Some weird kinda forged internals to handle 1300rwhp, a tranny out of a Army tank, A custom intake, 90lb injectors, 3in headers, 4in exhaust, 1000lph fuel pump, A P&P 2.2L KB, and a NX 500shot. That should take anything a N/A engine twice your size could dish out.

All you really need to know is ATI F-4. nuff said.
Nah.

They have 1000+ WHP modular engines out there now. Hell, that "joe" guy with the ford GT is making 1000 WHP with the STOCK engine assembly and just a TT setup.

If your going for an all out horsepower war dyno style, and your talking about overall horsepwoer (average) and not peak, this is what I would do:

http://www.vtengines.com/low_engines_longblocks.htm

The 5.4L "race" assembly comes with ported heads, aftermarket cams, billet rotating assmelby, etc etc etc.

Then look here:

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/

Or google "hellion turbo systems".

1200+ WHP easy.

Also:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38952289885249
Old 12-16-2006, 03:59 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Ok, Joe is my new hero. That was an EXCELLENT video. UNREAL
Old 12-16-2006, 04:04 AM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

How is he a hero? His car is extremely nice and I would kill to have it but....He didn't do any of the work on it. He's just another rich guy who paid some people to bolt on some turbos. Nothing to idolize there.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:09 AM
tehzack
2nd Gear Member

So your saying if you could afford a Ford GT you'd throw on some turbos in your backyard if you know how to? If your gonna spend 100+k on a car you damn sure wouldn't wanna bust out with some DIY turbo kit. Tool.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:12 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

How is he a hero? His car is extremely nice and I would kill to have it but....He didn't do any of the work on it. He's just another rich guy who paid some people to bolt on some turbos. Nothing to idolize there.
Ok man. Ive never met the guy, hes not my hero. I was joking.

Let me put it this way. THATS AN AWESOME CAR.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:12 AM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tehzack

So your saying if you could afford a Ford GT you'd throw on some turbos in your backyard if you know how to? If your gonna spend 100+k on a car you damn sure wouldn't wanna bust out with some DIY turbo kit. Tool.
STFU Zack trying to act like you're smart[&:]. No **** I wouldn't do some ghetto backyard setup I'm just saying anyone with money can have a car like that or something way better. It's sure as hell a nice car but NOTHING to idolize. Any tool with money who doesn't know anything about cars can get that. Now if he did it in his backyard and it was like a Navigator 5.4 then yes I would sort of "idolize" him.

But yes that was a good video. Especially the "reenactment" when he lost to the 1300(Hayabusa idk how to spell it)
Old 12-16-2006, 04:16 AM
tehzack
2nd Gear Member

You have a valid point. But most likely if you can afford a ford GT you won't work on it yourself. And there is nothing wrong with aspiring to be rich. You can't buy happiness, but you can give it a valiant effort.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:24 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

ORIGINAL: tehzack

STFU Zack trying to act like you're smart[&:]. No **** I wouldn't do some ghetto backyard setup I'm just saying anyone with money can have a car like that or something way better. It's sure as hell a nice car but NOTHING to idolize. Any tool with money who doesn't know anything about cars can get that. Now if he did it in his backyard and it was like a Navigator 5.4 then yes I would sort of "idolize" him.

But yes that was a good video. Especially the "reenactment" when he lost to the 1300(Hayabusa idk how to spell it)
That car would murder any stock bike in the world. Zx-14, GSXR1300, it dont matter. But anyways

Quick Reply: High School project!