4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Update on Project Bumboclaat

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:34 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Update on Project Bumboclaat

ORIGINAL: 99roushgt

stang2000 hes a cool guy and has an awesome setup as well as air bags(show car) lol youll beat him

I never quiet got what Air Bags are doing on a stang...... Do they help with traction in any way?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:34 AM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

you know whats funny is when i made my post when i started my project i titled it watch out stang2000 im coming for you or something to that effect lol its funny that we realted to someone who is also doing the same project at the same time as we are
Old 12-17-2006, 02:36 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

you know whats funny is when i made my post when i started my project i titled it watch out stang2000 im coming for you or something to that effect lol its funny that we realted to someone who is also doing the same project at the same time as we are
lol.... One thing I AM Concerned about is weight.... So far I've done nothing to make my stang lighter except take out my spare tire right before I race..... I wanna do a K-Memeber Kit but ehhhh....... I like to see power first.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:39 AM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

yea youll still run low low 11's full weight on slicks with 500rwhp, the air bags no his car is for show so no traction on his setup but they do make drag bag kits they go for like 150 for the bag and they work and help alot with traction, i knew you were a medic or 11b i got the best of both worlds went to benning and fort sam i also WAS a medic
Old 12-17-2006, 02:40 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I don't see where the airbags are going to reduce traction. In fact, if he can control the front and rear seperatly I would think he could lower the pressure in the rear and get better weight transfer.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:41 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

yea youll still run low low 11's full weight on slicks with 500rwhp, the air bags no his car is for show so no traction on his setup but they do make drag bag kits they go for like 150 for the bag and they work and help alot with traction, i knew you were a medic or 11b i got the best of both worlds went to benning and fort sam i also WAS a medic

Same here... I've been pretty much a line medic so far.... Havent seen much of an Aid Station or the ER but I do know how to clear rooms lol.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:47 AM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

i tell you what its nice being in the er you get to be around all the women, well man goodluck with your project stay safe drink lots of booze, and have sex with whatever comes your way because once your out its not as fun its like being in the military gives you an excuse to do that its almost expected i got out got fat got married and had a baby so you can see where i ended up lol
Old 12-17-2006, 02:50 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Damn I didn't realize there was so much talk about me in here, lol. I just read everything. How's the setup coming along now? In updates? I think the traction issue is my tires for sure. I'll need to upgrade to some DR's. I won't be running slicks, but will probably hit the track every now and then. I think the bags will help actually. I can lower the rear which will soften the bags up and raise the front to stiffen the bags. Should be great weight transfer. Ok, I'm tired, I need to get to bed. I've got someone coming tomorrow to pick up my old block I sold. The dude is coming from Pennsylvania. Yeah that's right. Him and a buddy are driving the 8-8-1/2 hr trip to pick it up.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:53 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang2000

Damn I didn't realize there was so much talk about me in here, lol. I just read everything. How's the setup coming along now? In updates? I think the traction issue is my tires for sure. I'll need to upgrade to some DR's. I won't be running slicks, but will probably hit the track every now and then. I think the bags will help actually. I can lower the rear which will soften the bags up and raise the front to stiffen the bags. Should be great weight transfer. Ok, I'm tired, I need to get to bed. I've got someone coming tomorrow to pick up my old block I sold. The dude is coming from Pennsylvania. Yeah that's right. Him and a buddy are driving the 8-8-1/2 hr trip to pick it up.

YOUR FAMOUS MON!!!!!!! lol.

How much they pay for your old block? I got only 250 for mine including the entire stock rotating assembly...... I just wanted to get rid of that damn thing.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:03 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

i tell you what its nice being in the er you get to be around all the women, well man goodluck with your project stay safe drink lots of booze, and have sex with whatever comes your way because once your out its not as fun its like being in the military gives you an excuse to do that its almost expected i got out got fat got married and had a baby so you can see where i ended up lol
I just hope he isn't a navy man out on a long offshore cruise

Rofl, great advice by the way

Quick Reply: Update on Project Bumboclaat