4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Yet another HORRIBLE! crash

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 01:03 PM
kylebgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Yet another HORRIBLE! crash

ORIGINAL: djb1187

ORIGINAL: JayBanion

yea the airbags didnt deploy im guessing because he didnt get hit in the front. yea he's 17, this crash was gonna happen sometime, the kid drove like an idiot constantly.
WTF!?! yet I hit a pothole and my airbags deploy!
Stop complaining, those potholes can be dangerous

Thank god he's ok. Good think he bought a hardtop instead of a convertable. The kid is lucky that he isnt in a vegetative state right now, that wreck is not to pretty[][:'(]
Old 12-18-2006, 01:07 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JayBanion

Last night my friend Chris was driving his 97 GT home following another friend. He passed a car going 75 and quick cut the wheel, the back end slid out and he went into a ditch and the car went into the air and barrel rolled 3 times, then he hit a tree in mid air and the car dropped right down from around 8ft onto its roof. Thank god he was wearing his seat belt. He is now in the hospital with a puntured lung, and 6 broken ribs and cuts everywhere. Here is the pictures I took of his car, they arnt good because i was taking them threw a fence. i dont think the body shop can fix it for him this time...

DAMN!!! That's quite possibly the worst stang accident I have every seen.. Glad the guy is going to be ok..
Old 12-18-2006, 07:14 PM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

I just got the offical update on my friend. They finally got all the xrays back today..hes got 8 broken ribs, busted shoulder blade, and 3 cracked virtibre, and the his lungs screwed up. And i talked to the guy where his cars at i cant take anythign off of it and they are taking the car to delaware to auction off. The only bad thing is he wont get to see his car in person because he will still be in the hospital when they take it away. I got him a good xmas present though...went back to the crash sight, got him a piece of his wheel centercap, the air damn thing that hangs down from the radiator, its all i could find, and i got him the road sign he hit that has red paint on it.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

I wonder if he had his own insurance or mom and dad's, If I was his dad I would let him get better and then kill him. Good thing is he was alone in the car and not drinking. (RIGHT?)...
Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 PM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

he was under his dads insurance, and this has been his 3rd accident...got rearended, hit a deer, now this. yea he wasnt drinking, we were all at my one friends house just chillin were were just getttin done off roading with some kids and then we all left.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:50 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

I bet he will be under his own now, my wife got hit stoping for a dear this year in our subaru. I am glad he is ok and the cops don't have anyting on him. Hop is back is ok. An old friend if mine bearly rolled his truck one of the funnyest rolls I have ever seen looked like we picked up one side and rolled it over but he broke his neck in that one.

You never know when where or how. but you know it's going to.

good luck to your friend.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:01 PM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

You never know when where or how. but you know it's going to.
exactly
Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Dude, that really sucks. But he really shouldn't be doing that on the street.

He could get some good cash for that car. The 4.6 is still in god shape. I know A LOT of guys that use those engines from wrecked cars as donors for kit car Cobra's. My dad and I bought a 94 5.0 as our Cobra donor, but we later sold it to get a 5.8L 392 .

So yeah, he could probably get somewhere around $1500 for the motor and tranny. I'm a member of http://ffcobra.com , and they have a donor vehicle classified section. Theres always somebody there looking for a GT for sale.