New Look!!....Pics... - Page 4 - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New Look!!....Pics...

Old 12-19-2006, 02:25 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Look!!....Pics...

Very nice!!! I love that color with those rims. I wish we could tint our side windows here in CA.

I was going to go with the Sportlines but after seeing those pics I think I'll go with the Pro-Kit. I too have issues with speed bumps and curb stops, especially since I put the chin spoiler on.[>:]

Those are nice pics btw. Well done.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:18 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: krm486

For those who asked about the price of the wheels and tires.. I have a cousin who works for a company called Wheel Pros. www.wheelpros.com. he got me the Pro Kit for $166, and the wheels and tires together, mounted and balanced for $1060... It was a pretty good deal.... Thanks to all for the great comments.....
What kind of tires are they?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
krm486
3rd Gear Member

What kind of tires are they?
They are Sumimoto tires. They are pretty sticky after they warm up. I am liking them so far.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:16 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

Very nice!!! I love that color with those rims. I wish we could tint our side windows here in CA.

I was going to go with the Sportlines but after seeing those pics I think I'll go with the Pro-Kit. I too have issues with speed bumps and curb stops, especially since I put the chin spoiler on.[>:]

Those are nice pics btw. Well done.
i live in CA and even with the Pro-Kit and chin spoiler i scrape all the time....

and you should go wingless!...did you tint the 3rd brakelight/sidemarkers too?....if not you should and get some tri-bar center caps for the wheels
Old 12-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Looks great. How is the handling with the pro kit? What's your opinion on the spec clutch?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Very nice mods. I like the color and design scheme the whole way around.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

The only thing I can think of is letting your pony loos with a grill delete kit and get rid of the bumper inserts. Very nice ride
Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

Very nice! Those are saleens, not steedas.

Love the bullitt brakes! They look killer behind your wheels.

As for the pro-kit....definitely doesn't lower the car enough, looks like its still stock height....
Expect the springs to settle. Mine took about a month to fully setlle down. Your ride looks really nice!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
krm486
3rd Gear Member

i live in CA and even with the Pro-Kit and chin spoiler i scrape all the time....

and you should go wingless!...did you tint the 3rd brakelight/sidemarkers too?....if not you should and get some tri-bar center caps for the wheels
Nope just the tailights. It is on the way though.

Looks great. How is the handling with the pro kit? What's your opinion on the spec clutch?
The car handles extremelywell,but not as good as my 96 w/ Sportlines. I have only scraped twice so far and both times were my fault. As for the SPEC, for it being my first clutch install i would have to say it is holding up extremely well. It grabs hard when i need it to butis light enough for a DD in Houston TX. (traffic)I did order a Steeda Clutch adjuster kit because the pedal has a lot of slack in it. So i should have that on this weekend. The only prob i am having so far is a rotten fish smell coming from the shifter. I am hoping it is because i overfilled the tranny by almost a quart. I am still not sure how much it holds, 3 1/2 i think!?!?!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

awsome car man! i'm not crazy about the bumper letters though[]

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.