MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   is it safe (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/220791-is-it-safe.html)

sleeping stallion 12-21-2006 01:19 AM

is it safe

ok i have a couple ? is it safe to take off the catback n run just with the h pipe? would i loose anything? how loud would it be? has this been done or is it just a stupid thing to do?

II 98 GT II 12-21-2006 01:23 AM

RE: is it safe

Your mustang will sound like a$$.

Edit: Why not just put an O/R midpipe on there (assuming you don't have to deal with inspections)... They're cheap, and you car's sound will be improved, even with the stock catback.

bransdaman78 12-21-2006 01:24 AM

yes its safe, and very loud - ull pick alot on the highway

Quick Shot xMLx 12-21-2006 01:25 AM

I ran straight off the H-pipe for one day and it sounded like "el culo." That's spanish for @$$. Other than that it was fine I suppose[&:]

bransdaman78 12-21-2006 01:26 AM

it doesnt sound like a$$, its sounds badass - people who say it sounds bad (99%) of them have never done it - you wont be able to get the grin off your face - BUT IT IS VERY FUKN LOUD

Quick Shot xMLx 12-21-2006 01:28 AM

ORIGINAL: bransdaman78

it doesnt sound like a$$, its sounds badass - people who say it sounds bad (99%) of them have never done it - you wont be able to get the grin off your face - BUT IT IS VERY FUKN LOUD
Idk I ran it off my O/R H for a day and it did not sound very good. Sure it was loud but that's it. I don't know how it would sound with a stock H(probably better). It didn't help that I had an exhaust leak from hell though[&:]

sleeping stallion 12-21-2006 01:28 AM

well for xmas im getting long tube headers bbk my dad told me and i ordered the or h pipe but im asking like what that be loud or will **** happen to my engine will i loose tq hp or anything im just getting tired of those tail pipes n thanks for the translation culo is ass i no im mexican

bransdaman78 12-21-2006 01:29 AM

yea without the cats it will be choppy as hell - very true

bransdaman78 12-21-2006 01:30 AM

you want to be a real bada$$ - run open long tubes - I did - and OMG its LOUD - THUNDEROUS!!!
reall when you do your tubes pull it down and run it open for a few mins - its sick

Quick Shot xMLx 12-21-2006 01:32 AM

ORIGINAL: sleeping stallion

well for xmas im getting long tube headers bbk my dad told me and i ordered the or h pipe but im asking like what that be loud or will **** happen to my engine will i loose tq hp or anything im just getting tired of those tail pipes n thanks for the translation culo is ass i no im mexican
+1 for Hispanic "non-ricer" Mustang owners. I'm Puerto Rican/ Dominican;)

It won't hurt anything at all. Some say that the loss of back pressure will cause you to lose a tiny bit of torque but with the O/R pipe that should be enough back pressure. It'll be loud but that's about it; no real tone to it.