4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

WHAT MUSTANG TO BUY!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 03:19 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: WHAT MUSTANG TO BUY!! HELP

you can find an 03 cobra for 20k... but I only drive verts
Old 12-21-2006, 03:22 PM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

the only reason i went with a 98 was because of price.
i got my 98 gt almost mint condition for 5k.
ya it was a steal.
i wouldnt reccommend going with an older year because the rob in power from the heads cams and intake.
which i took care of yesterday by buying a pi swap kit which im ready to put in :-) lol
if i were you i would go with an 03-04 cobra.
for 20k you can find a decent one and maybe, maybe have a little left over for a few minor mods.
its totally up to you though.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM
APEX 1

wow you quys are great. thank you all so much. bottom line i have to make my mine up. i need to drive a gt and a cobra and see. i dont mind getting a gt and doing it up. just want enough power to keep up or beat those vets!i am a member of the dodge forum for the wifes charger and i never get feed back like this. thanks again and cant wait to join the family.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:24 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: APEX 1

wow you quys are great. thank you all so much. bottom line i have to make my mine up. i need to drive a gt and a cobra and see. i dont mind getting a gt and doing it up. just want enough power to keep up or beat those vets!i am a member of the dodge forum for the wifes charger and i never get feed back like this. thanks again and cant wait to join the family.
or a Mach 1
Old 12-21-2006, 04:31 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Hah, if you drive them both, and they are both stock, you'll buy the Cobra. If you're gonna get a GT and build it up, it'll have a lot more power, but the Terminator feels ridiculous compared to a stock GT.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:34 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AJ97GT

Hah, if you drive them both, and they are both stock, you'll buy the Cobra. If you're gonna get a GT and build it up, it'll have a lot more power, but the Terminator feels ridiculous compared to a stock GT.
yea... the IRS gives a good ride, too...
Old 12-21-2006, 04:34 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

lol.. 260hp.. 390hp.. yeah.. they will feel just a little different..
Old 12-22-2006, 12:14 PM
APEX 1

hereare two that i was looking at so far. tell me what you think. the 95's res. is $10g's. and the 97 is $16,5. 97 seems high for the 97 but low miles. thanks again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220063288316

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1
Old 12-22-2006, 12:42 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

iight bro if you have the money to pay off the insurance of the cobra and the monthly payments ...then bro its not even a question...get the cobra...looks,power,and it responds well with mods...if your just looking for a project car and dont wana waste too much money buy the gt.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:52 PM
APEX 1

not worried out the insurance, my friend is an agent so my rates are good. dont really want a project thats why im looking for a car some what done already to have some time. im just going to keep looking until i find the right cobra from the right seller. thanks.

Quick Reply: WHAT MUSTANG TO BUY!! HELP