4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

wtf is fords problem. this angers me

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 04:19 PM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: wtf is fords problem. this angers me

i disagree with alot of stuff u guys ar say i think GM is alot better than ford dont get me wrong i luv my 99 gt vert, but i luv my 94 vette even more...alot more power,alot better handling,better sound well u get the piont
Old 12-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Firebb15

well ya...i see what your saying...but you cant really compare those you know?
They are kinda on different levels. The vette is fun to drive...i drove a 93 or 4? not to long ago... Fast, handles great but i feel too squished inside of it...but these are just my opinions...
Old 12-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CoolAid

Lotta people missing the real point here. Ford may have made the Mustang slower, but it also made it affordable and a reason why you have one now. In 2002, MSRP on a optioned GT was around 24-26,000~. GMs Z28s and SS were pushing out the MSRP door at 31,500+. The average Joe would ratehr be a little slower and be able to afford his car payment then throw down another 7,500 bucks towards a 1 second faster car. Z28s and SS cars came standard with Monsoon 500 audio systems and ALL had leather,nice rims,and like 99% had glass T-tops, those are forced "standard" options that shoot the price way up, while Mustang GTs could be had with Windstar van rims, cloth seats and a tape deck/single CD.You could grab a low option GT stang for almost the price of a Camaro V6. If the Mustang GT had some biug 6.0 Triton kill machine under the hood you could expect the MSRP to jump over 4,000 atleast.

ummm..... Z28's had a base price of about 22.5k.............
Old 12-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

I could write a long post about this but i don't really feel like it right now. Basically what it comes down to is a matter of personal preference. I bought my car for its looks, sounds, and decent power. With my longtubes, midpipe, and LM1's my car sounds mean. I've had numerous cars refuse to race me when they hear me rev my engine (they obviously don't know too much about stangs). I'm perfectly happy with my mustang the way it is. Yea it would be cool to have a bigger engine, but that isn't Ford's goal with this car. Every person and their mother owns a mustang. It appeals to a wide range of people which is why it is still around and the camaro isn't. The problem with Chevy is that they marketed the car to a small portion of the population. I mean how many times do you see and old lady pull up next to you in a Lsx? It happens but not too often. Anyone who says the Camaro is crap has no clue what they are talking about. Take the time to learn the facts and then articulate your own opinion. I'm sorry this is all just a jumble of thoughts going through my head. I still have a hangover from last night so i can't think straight.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:36 PM
myls1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fryguy22

ORIGINAL: CoolAid

Lotta people missing the real point here. Ford may have made the Mustang slower, but it also made it affordable and a reason why you have one now. In 2002, MSRP on a optioned GT was around 24-26,000~. GMs Z28s and SS were pushing out the MSRP door at 31,500+. The average Joe would ratehr be a little slower and be able to afford his car payment then throw down another 7,500 bucks towards a 1 second faster car. Z28s and SS cars came standard with Monsoon 500 audio systems and ALL had leather,nice rims,and like 99% had glass T-tops, those are forced "standard" options that shoot the price way up, while Mustang GTs could be had with Windstar van rims, cloth seats and a tape deck/single CD.You could grab a low option GT stang for almost the price of a Camaro V6. If the Mustang GT had some biug 6.0 Triton kill machine under the hood you could expect the MSRP to jump over 4,000 atleast.

ummm..... Z28's had a base price of about 22.5k.............
For 2002 base list price was $18,455 to $33,590 depending on whether it was v6 coup, z28, or ss model.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:58 PM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

i know they ar 2 different levels and there both completely dif. animals as for it being squishy im 16, 5,11 at 185 it fit's me perfect
Old 12-25-2006, 12:59 AM
kenv
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bleau

The mustang is a good low buget performance car I think thatswhat ford had in mind.
As far as all the GM bashing I dont agree with all that.
I love my mustang but will always drive GM's too.
I agree. My new( to me ) `01 GT `vert is stock, & is a load of fun to drive, but I also have a `87 Corvette that is pretty much stock, & I really believe that even with it`s 14 year age dicrepancy to the `stang, it will run rings around the GT in the handleing department. That being said, I love them both for what they are, & that is AMERICAN performance machines. just my 2ct.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:19 AM
myls1
1st Gear Member

+1^
Old 12-25-2006, 11:23 AM
ickywicky
1st Gear Member

You know i just dont think ford is as bright as they once used to be.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:53 AM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

everyone one here is hitting on points but noone is getting it rite, someone said that american cars are getting their asses handed to them by import. They are correct, american cars cant hold a candle to jap cars anymore they have becom the new tuner car for our generation and the parts are getting cheaper and the motors are gettting better. Now the big question ford v. chevy well my opinion from having both and having tons of knowledge on both, ford cars have always made more power with smaller motors, i.e. the 427 cammer 700 hp v. 454 500 hp but cost more. Now people argue that the ls1 sucks or is the best, i give it to chevy, u cant beat them sbc motors for the price and the ls1 was designed very well. However that being said the reason everyone uses them is because of the cheapness in parts. To build a 800 hp bbc is like 8 grand. To build a 800 bbf is like 12 grand. I will never drive a chevy again, but i have to say almost every motor at the track is a small or big block chevy.

Bottom line, Fords make more power when comprably eqipped ( like a cam in a 351 and a cam in a 350 the 351 makes more power) butchevy makes more power cheaper

Quick Reply: wtf is fords problem. this angers me