4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I got my baby back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

Default I got my baby back!!!

ok guys...i finally got her back today!! might be kind of a long thread...if you dont care about reading skip to the end for dyno results lol.

i had dropped her off on monday the 11th to get everything installed. was told it would take 3 days max. i got her back today...the 22nd. the tuner told me something about how they received the wrong clutch from the company 3 times!....3!!!! ridiculous. anyways...here is what she got done...

Vortech V2-SQ
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
FRPP 42lb Injectors
80mm MAF
Full Length Subframe Connectors
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
UPR Triple Hook Quadrant
UPR Firewall Adjuster
BBK Ceramic Coated Longtube Headers
BBK Offroad H Pipe
AEM Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge
Autometer Cobalt Series Boost/Vacuum Gauge
Gauges mounted on A-Pillar Pod

I think that about sums it up...it was a bunch of stuff...but definitely not 11 days worth lol.

The only problem I have now is that the MAF got pegged at 5200 rpms....so i hafta shift around 5000 right now when i get on it just to be safe cuz i dont want to blow stuff up lol. i prolly wont be able to fix that until after christmas when i get a 90mm MAF...ill probably get a powerpipe too...my tuner said with both of those i could probably see upwards of 20-30 more rwhp.

As for Centerforce...i love it! the clutch grabs really well and engages really low comapred to stock...and the pedal effort is not bad at all!!! the only drawback is that i never really knew what clutch chatter was/sounded like before...but i have some now i believe lol. im hoping thatll go away once the clutch gets worn in a little more tho...maybe after 500 miles or so.

anyways...the results...362 rwhp, 363 rwtq...i will post the graph soon...i left the copy on the seat of my car. and i hardly feel like walking all the way out there to get it...that would involve getting up. lol anyways...i was very pleased with the results and look forward to seeing more hp very soon after i can get that new MAF.

if youre still reading...i have a technical question about my wideband gauge that i posted in Pipes, Boost, and Juice. any help would be appreciated.

ok thats all for now. sorry for the long post...thanks for reading. youre probably not nearly as excited as i am...but i figured id share with my mustang family lol.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:31 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I got my baby back!!!

Very nice!!! Do you have a bigger t/b and plenum than the stocker? You'll be happier when you can get it on the track and see what she'll do now.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:35 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

i think i'm more excited than you are
Old 12-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

stock tb/plenum...and it prolly will be for a little while. and yea im kinda pissed about the MAF getting pegged cuz i really wanted to take her to the track with my really good friend (drives an LS1) lol.

and im sorry...but i dont think anybody is more excited than me. haha [8D]
Old 12-23-2006, 03:44 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Congrats. You would've thought the place you had it done would have said the maf was pegging out during dynotuning(I think you had that done, I can't remember) look it's 12:30 in the morning and I have 1 eye open because it hurts to look at the bright monitor, lol. So if there are lots of spelling errors, sorry, you'll have to translate. Anyway they shouldve said something, maybe they did, about it pegging out and you coul have got another one or something sent it You can't dyno tune it right when the maf pegs out. You'll definately get higher numbers when you get that changed.

Anywho, blah blah, can't believe I just wrote all that with 1 eye still open and me hanging half awake. I was crashed(oh bad choice of words) out on the couch with NBC still on, lol. Damn ramble ramble ramble on, lol

Congrats dude, POWER or wait I'm sorry BOOSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, lol. Word of advice, just be careful, I was there once and any extra power is sooooo crazy. Damn am I still talking er writing. I'm going to be longer than your first post, lol.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:47 AM
Hoppers04Gt
4th Gear Member

I love it!!! Very nice
Old 12-23-2006, 03:49 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

stock tb/plenum...and it prolly will be for a little while. and yea im kinda pissed about the MAF getting pegged cuz i really wanted to take her to the track with my really good friend (drives an LS1) lol.

and im sorry...but i dont think anybody is more excited than me. haha [8D]
I cant wait to get all my stuff on my car. I got a 90mm MAF. Also went with professional products 75mm t/b and plenum. I'm hoping to be around 380 +or- at the rollers.We may have to hook 'em up some day. LOL forced induction FTW
Old 12-23-2006, 03:54 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Congratulations. Sounds sick. Good luck with the MAF.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:58 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

yea he had no 90mm MAFs in the shop...and i had waited 11 days for the car instead of the promised 3...so he said it would be safe if i shifted before the MAF got pegged...and just brought it back to him and hed redyno it after the new MAF was put in after xmas..

04mineralgrey...what brand s/c did you end up going with?

oh...and p.s. guys...even with getting on it pretty often in city and then driving home from college with getting on it kind of often on the highway...i still got 19 mpg. not too shabby.

and traction isnt too bad either...the subframe connectors make the car feel a lot stiffer...i love em...id definitely recommend them.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:03 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

yea he had no 90mm MAFs in the shop...and i had waited 11 days for the car instead of the promised 3...so he said it would be safe if i shifted before the MAF got pegged...and just brought it back to him and hed redyno it after the new MAF was put in after xmas..

04mineralgrey...what brand s/c did you end up going with?

oh...and p.s. guys...even with getting on it pretty often in city and then driving home from college with getting on it kind of often on the highway...i still got 19 mpg. not too shabby.

and traction isnt too bad either...the subframe connectors make the car feel a lot stiffer...i love em...id definitely recommend them.
Procharger P1-SC. Came complete with SCT handheld, 90mm MAF,60# injectors, IAT sensor, NGK tr6 spark plugs, intercooler, etc. I also upgraded to polished head unit, and the AFM powerpipe. Just waiting for a couple days off work to do the install.

Quick Reply: I got my baby back!!!