4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Thinking of selling for another GT? EDIT: My mind is made up!

Old 12-23-2006, 03:44 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Default Thinking of selling for another GT? EDIT: My mind is made up!

EDIT: I'm sticking to my guns...err GT that is. Thanks guys.

Hey guys. I've beentossing the idea of selling my GT for a while now...the mileage is still under 100k (98k to be exact) and I think if I want to sell it, it should be now, because a car under 100k is much more intriguing than say a GT at 102k miles. The price just drops after that point. So I came across this ad in my local craigslist.com for a 99 GTand it looks like a good deal. I called the guy up and asked him about the car. I might be able to stop by and check out the car in person this weekend. I got the guys number, and asked him to call me if it gets sold.

The car features:
1999 whiteMustang GT
95k miles
Manual 5-speed
Polished C&L intake
C&L intake plenum
Flowmasters
Black '03 Cobra wheels
Mach 1 chin spoiler
dark gray fabric interior
The car comes with a pair of shorty headers
Basic Bolt-ons
Lowered with Eibachs
01+ headlights
01+ hood scoop
Comes with brand new pulleys, struts, polished strut tower brace
Metal crossover pipe intake manifold? (no idea what that is)
Bought from an old lady, never seen the track, or raced.
The guy says these bolt ons keep up with 05+ GT's
Title in hand
$7800 FIRM

What do you guys think? It's faster than my car for sure. And I was thinking of a price to set my GT at. What do you guys think it should be at? I have 98k miles, motor runs strong.Brand new tires, maybe 70 miles on them. Black leather interior, mods below. Aftermarket sound system with clarion amp and Alpine stereo head. '03 Cobra spoiler, and 01+ headlights. I think a blackout effect with the white on that car would look awesome.

It would be cool if you guys gave me your input. Sell, or stay?

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:55 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking of selling for another GT? Help me out here...

I'd go for it if you can get your sold. Looks nice, but then again yours does too!
Old 12-23-2006, 04:02 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Well...if you can sell yours for about the same price, then I'd say OK. But, you'd be selling your car and buying one pretty much just like it, except for the mods and color.

This white GT has 95K miles, only 3K off from your car. If you want to sell your car because of the mileage...then...well, it doesn't make sense to me.

Your yellow GT is pretty, BTW.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:14 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

I see where you're coming from, but I'm not selling it for it's mileage, but I sort of realized I'd have to sell this car sometime soon, and if it's after the 100k mark, the price will have to dropa few digits. But now that I think about it, my car is alright. It still needs a new set of bumpers, and some paint fixes, but thats besides the mods I need to put in.

I can't decide!!!!

Thanks for the compliments BTW!
Old 12-23-2006, 04:16 AM
freeunit
2nd Gear Member

yeah dont sell only for miles....3k less is not that big a of diff. Actually there realy is no diff. if you really think abou tit. I LOVE white cars and i think yo should keep urs...she is sure purdy man.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:25 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

98k=100k=102k

Don't count on a higher resale value at 98,000 vs. 102,000. I vote keep the car.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:27 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

What's wrong with yours? You know the problems, you are familiar with the car. Why buy someone elses hidden headache?
Old 12-23-2006, 04:30 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

^^^ True...I guess my mind has been made up for me. I knew I couldn't **** myself to buy a new GT this soon. I only got the car this summer!

Ohh well, anybody else want it? He's in Orange, CA.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

What is wrong with your car that would make you want to can it so soon for another high mileage car?
Old 12-23-2006, 04:41 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Nothings wrong with it besides the body. It needs ALOT of work. I'm an amateur photographer and I can take some nice pics of my car, but in reality, the body really needs some work. Theres at least 2 problems that need to be fixed and are visible on each body panel. I need to either learn how to patch up bodywork, or pay it out my **** and have the bodyshop take care of it. If I DOend up taking to the body shop, I'll get a new 99 Cobra front bumper and a new GT rear bumper, because it's kinda trashed (dented, scratched, discolored, etc.) Maybe even pop in a new chin spoiler (prev. owner sold it before the car). OOOOOH a cowl hood would look really nice on my carI think.My cobra spoiler is junked too. I'll have to fix that, since I got rid of my old one. Theres 5 holes on either side of the trunklid from this old spoiler the dude I bought it from had on, then took off, and never filled the holes.Yeah, I'll stick to my GT, make it look good, then when I save up some more money, drop in some gears, maybe a set of headers and some suspension stuff (need new shocks BADLY).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of selling for another GT? EDIT: My mind is made up!