4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Reason not to buy cheap rear control arms.. PICS

Old 12-24-2006, 02:04 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Reason not to buy cheap rear control arms.. PICS

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

I guess too much powershifting. lol
So you were beatin the **** out of your car, a part broke, and your bitching about it on the internet???

WTF???

Edit: I don't get it. If you broke the part cuz your beating the **** out of your car, how about you man up and replace the part??? I don't care how many people are going to chime in and say "well, C/A's aren't supposed to break." This is the first time I have EVER read a post like this one. How about you handle the situation like a gentelman and contact the seller/manufacturer before you go badmouthing a company for something that was more than likely your fault.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:08 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I bought those about a month ago when i hit a bump it get a knocking sound... makes me wonder now...... might need to check out, but i also took of my rubber boots for the springs could be one or the other.. but when putting driver side lower CA it was a pain and did not want to move much...
Old 12-24-2006, 02:24 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

So you were beatin the **** out of your car, a part broke, and your bitching about it on the internet???

WTF???

Edit: I don't get it. If you broke the part cuz your beating the **** out of your car, how about you man up and replace the part??? I don't care how many people are going to chime in and say "well, C/A's aren't supposed to break." This is the first time I have EVER read a post like this one. How about you handle the situation like a gentelman and contact the seller/manufacturer before you go badmouthing a company for something that was more than likely your fault.

so you work for grantille (or wutever) now?

dude... just stfu

Old 12-24-2006, 02:30 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bransdaman78

WTF???

so you work for grantille (or wutever) now?

dude... just stfu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOLOLOLOL
Old 12-24-2006, 03:42 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

WTF???

LOL... wow.. You need to sit down and have a drink man. I would love to have seen your face as you were writing that post, must have been priceless. I never said I beat the whatever out of my car. I drive my car like I always have with the stock control arms and with the aftermarket ones. Nothing has changed, and with the aftermarket peices which are"improved quality" supposedly, the part failed.
I did man up, thanks for asking.... I changed the part back to stock and I am just posting for people to be aware and possibly learn from my mistake. I just threw that powershifting part in for the laugh of it. Sure I powershift not all the time, but that shouldnt happen. To show the quality, my stock peices lasted 45,000 miles Yet these peices only lasted me almost 4,000. You dont see anything wrong with that? I am just posting my opinion, nothing here is factual except the failure of a product I bought. I did contact the company before when I had a problem with the bushings, they gave me two lower control arms with two different size sleeves in the bushings. Also they gave me no hardware, so they had to send me that also. That right there loses my trust in that company when they cant get something simple like that acomplished. The control arms didnt break, it was the bushings that are crap, they moved a 1/4" on all four control arms at each of the eight bolts. Do you not see something wrong with that? I wasnt planning on contacting the company because I wouldnt put any of there products back on my car, after my experiences. If they refunded my money then that would be an incentive to contact them... But from your rant I will seriously consider it. But more importantly why are you so angry???
Old 12-24-2006, 02:34 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

I'd have to also agree that w/ the appearance of no grease, are you sure it was the parts that broke,and it's notyou who broke the parts?? It doesn't really look like there was EVER grease in there, especially when you compare the overall look of the others w/ visible grease around the sleeves...

I don't know.. I've never had poly bushings just blow apart like that, on any car of mine, after ridiculous abuse.. Could just be bad luck??

JT
Old 12-24-2006, 03:20 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

It really sucks that happened and I feel bad for ya. I have the same C/A so I worry myself however, after really looking at your pics, it seems that you did not have enough grease in there. Not trying to go against ya and cide with others, but that really seems the case.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GodAmGT00

I'd have to also agree that w/ the appearance of no grease, are you sure it was the parts that broke,and it's notyou who broke the parts?? It doesn't really look like there was EVER grease in there, especially when you compare the overall look of the others w/ visible grease around the sleeves...

I don't know.. I've never had poly bushings just blow apart like that, on any car of mine, after ridiculous abuse.. Could just be bad luck??

JT
Beleive me there was plenty of grease on and in the bushings, they have grease fittings on them also. I wiped all the grease off so you could clearly see the damaged portions. If you want I will take a picture of the other end of the control arms which I didnt clean. I dont know what kind of bushings it was, Im thinking it was just rubber.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:37 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: GodAmGT00

JT
Beleive me there was plenty of grease on and in the bushings, they have grease fittings on them also. I wiped all the grease off so you could clearly see the damaged portions. If you want I will take a picture of the other end of the control arms which I didnt clean. I dont know what kind of bushings it was, Im thinking it was just rubber.
I believe ya!!! I know mine are poly, but yea like to see another pic