4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Reason not to buy cheap rear control arms.. PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Default Reason not to buy cheap rear control arms.. PICS

I bought some Granatelli upper and lower control arms for $200. I guess you get what you pay for, but I have reciently been experiencing my rear end shifting around on me... When I would start my car in the morning after it would sit with the e-brake on I would hear and feel a thump... I drove around for a while waiting for my stock control arms to be shipped to me from home. Well I finally replaced them back to stock. The upper control arm pictured was from the right upper, and the two lowers. Every control arm on my rear end was shifting about 1/4" back and forth. No l am not exaggerating, there were wear marks in the torque boxs and the rear end. There is some gouges in the lower control arm bushings too as you can see. I wouldnt buy anything again from Granatelli but thats just me. I knew I would have a problem from them in the begining when the two lower control arms arrived with two different size bushings, I had to wait for them to ship be the correct ones.

I guess too much powershifting. lol

Old 12-23-2006, 07:08 PM
bleau
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Reason not to buy cheap rear control arms.. PICS

Sucks man.
I was going to buy those too.
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:11 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

You should see if you can get some Good bushings put in there. Is it just the Bushings that went bad?
Old 12-23-2006, 07:21 PM
JonBeast

I have them...as well as several other guys on here...and I've had zero problems.

I dunno...just because yours went bad doesn't mean they are bad control arms
Old 12-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BraMas

You should see if you can get some Good bushings put in there. Is it just the Bushings that went bad?
Yeah it is just the bushings, I was thinking about that. A good set is about $65.... I want to put a good rear suspension set up in there, probably a Maximum Motorsports 3 link. But first lets see how bad my 60 foot times will be now on the stock control arms. If there real bad I will get the bushings for a temporary solution... I was getting 2.0 on street tires.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:35 PM
04gtmatt
2nd Gear Member

WTF? One guy has issues so the whole company is garbage? I had my wiring harness burn up from a diablo but that dosnt mean there garbage considering they had the worlds fatest 03 cobra at 1 point
Old 12-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04gtmatt

WTF? One guy has issues so the whole company is garbage? I had my wiring harness burn up from a diablo but that dosnt mean there garbage considering they had the worlds fatest 03 cobra at 1 point
I dont know were you guys are coming up with saying that I said this company is terrible. I just said "I" wouldnt buy from Granatelli again. They gave me the wrong hard ware, the wrong bushings. Then I get a failure. I just had a bad experience so "I" wont buy from them again... I dont get it, do you guys read? I just wanted to inform you guys on my experience.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:12 PM
ripper
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the post imo you get what you pay for.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:30 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

If I ever have a problem with a part from a company I never buy from them again... shouldnt happen, you buy a part to work not break.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:49 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

you are not the first person to complain about Granatelli control arms and poor quality control. My friend bougt a set of them and one of the welds was broken straight out of the box...His exact words were you get what you pay for...Granatelli is not atop notch quality company....once upon a time when old man Granatelli was running Paxton the name was great but his son JR started his company and basically just sells chinese made crap to make a profit and live of the family name.

Quick Reply: Reason not to buy cheap rear control arms.. PICS