4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

maaaaan im sad...i think i fugged my stang up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 04:59 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

Default maaaaan im sad...i think i fugged my stang up!

i was in a situation today where i had to really get on the throttle, to avoid an accident, and i missed 3rd gear pretty bad...when i finally got it in, it grinded really bad. that wasnt the first time thats ever happened...it has happened a few other times since i have had it wich is about 5 months... well...now it grinds damn near every time i shift into 3rd if im drivin hard or not and its killin me!!! so here is the thing....i looked up the TSB's on here and it says there is a TSB for this on the 2004 GT. the only thing is...my car has 43k miles on it, so it is no longer covered under warranty!! will they still fix it even tho im not under warranty? if not...where can i order synchros from (since i think thats what it is)? i dont think its low on tranny fluid b/c i had that drained and refilled just a few months ago. any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 12-26-2006, 05:23 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: maaaaan im sad...i think i fugged my stang up!

well I would say it depends.. talk to your dealer, many times for common problems they will fix it outside of the warranty period, or offer you a decent discount.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:26 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

i blew second some how like a year ago on my 3650.. still i was under 40k mi so i got a brand new tranny replaced b/c they couldnt fix my gear synchros. it sounds like what happened to me (problemwise).

i luckily have 6yr 60k mi warranty lol so i have some leverage in the future
Old 12-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You are out of luck.

TSB's are only fixed under warranty. Recalls have to be fixed regardless of miles & long as it's in a certain time frame.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:40 AM
FDNYBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Dan is right but brandsdaman could be also. Call Ford's customer service in Dearborn and tell them about it and fib a little, tell them you mentioned it before at a Dealer while still under warrantyand they told you it was normal. Now they won't fix it for free but they may convince the Dealer to give you a nice discount on the work. It can't hurt to try, good luck.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:58 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

haha thats a good one!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:02 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

the reason I mention that is bc my friend blew his tranny at 46k miles... the dealer replaced it for free
Old 12-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

Make sure to get an aftermarketclutch if the trans comes out. Spec Stage I or Ram HD or even a Motorsport set up. It would be a shame to have a new trans and a slipping clutch once you get it fixed. With the low mileage you may be able to get it through your dealer if you make a couple calls like mentioned. It's never bad to have a good relationship with the dealer. You can also check and see if there are any mustang nuts working there that you may be able to have help with the cituation and the TSB. Good Luck and call if you need a clutch, we'll hook you up!

Brian
Texas Hot Rods
Old 12-29-2006, 02:04 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: maaaaan im sad...i think i fugged my stang up! (UPDATE)

well....i dont know how...but i got lucky as hell......it turns out that even tho we told the salesman who sold my car to me to take off the extended warranty to lower the monthley bill....he didnt do it!! but thats a good thing b/c im now covered!!! so i take my car in tuesday to drop it off to get fixed. the only thing is....the extended warranty is done by a 3rd/outside company other than ford/or the dealer i got the car from....they are kind of like an insurance company, i have a 100 dollar de-ductable... soooo i take my car...drop it off.....the transmission place tears open then tranny and figures out whats wrong and then calls the 3rd party warranty company and tells them how much it will be to fix the car. the 3rd party will either approve or dis-approve the paying for it. they said they would only dis-aaprove it if the damage is caused from me abusing the car sometimes they send an agent out to look at the car instead of just saying "yes we'll pay for it" over the phone.... well....the damage is from me missing 3rd gear pretty hard a few times.....my question is...when they open the tranny....or when they hook my car up to the computer...will they be able to tell i have been driving hard and the damage is prolly caused from me?!?!? if they think i abused the car then they wont pay for it!!! what should i do??? any advice please??? am i worried about nothing?? i mean....i've been paying every month for an extended warranty...so if something goes wrong, they should fix it right?? it would just be too sh!tty if they declined me...
Old 12-29-2006, 03:11 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Default RE: maaaaan im sad...i think i fugged my stang up! (UPDATE)

Who knows?? It's still worth a shot, just keep your fingers crossed and NEVER admit guilt!!

Quick Reply: maaaaan im sad...i think i fugged my stang up!