4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nurse, prepare the patient for surgery please (dial-up warning... wait, who still has dial-up?!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:53 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Nurse, prepare the patient for surgery please (dial-up warning... wait, who still has dial-up?!)

I'll have to add here. I think the setup Andrew got here sounds nice with the 2V. I was extremely impressed. Also, the kit was also nice, fit nice and had all the required hardware. If Aaaanold over there didn't pull the stud out, he would have had it done in no time. Be prepared if doing the install, have an extra stud bolt or two laying around. Also, don't forget the passenger side flange gasket as this is a crush type and you will have to replace it.

Good job on the write-up. You have way too much time on your hands!
Old 12-29-2006, 03:58 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Nurse, prepare the patient for surgery please (dial-up warning... wait, who still has dial-up?!)

very neat thread... glad to see more people doing there own work... i try to do everything i can but i dont have a garage... yet..
exhaust looks good bet it sounds good too. congrats.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:25 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

I'll have to add here. I think the setup Andrew got here sounds nice with the 2V. I was extremely impressed. Also, the kit was also nice, fit nice and had all the required hardware. If Aaaanold over there didn't pull the stud out, he would have had it done in no time. Be prepared if doing the install, have an extra stud bolt or two laying around. Also, don't forget the passenger side flange gasket as this is a crush type and you will have to replace it.

Good job on the write-up. You have way too much time on your hands!
Yeah, that's what happens when I take a week off work . Lemme go play your GOW instead [8D]
Old 01-01-2007, 05:41 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Alright, finally got good pictures and video.

I posted this pic in another thread, but I'll post it here again:

You can check out the videos here:
http://www.ajerman.com/car/exhaust.html
http://www.ajerman.com/car/exhaust2.html

In the first I was letting it drop down into idle, then I got a text message, so that's why it just sits there for a little while. Oh, and if you want a comparison of before, well it was just stock, so you probably know, or you can check out this video: http://www.ajerman.com/car/seafoam.html . It's funny because in the seafoam video you can't hear anything but engine. That's when you know you need to get your exhaust done haha.

Oh, and the videos use DivX web player. It should try to auto download for you if you don't already have it.