4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what should i do first

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 03:33 AM
SKINNY T
1st Gear Member

Default RE: what should i do first

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

ORIGINAL: SKINNY T

He wants to be faster than me. I have an 04 SRT-4. Once I install a couple more parts (that I have in the garage waiting), I should be around 280-290whp and like 360wtq. I know he isn't going to stop modding until he beats me.

What do you guys think he will need to have done to whoop my ***?

T
A blower.
I'm sure he can do it without a blower. But to ask for him, how much would a blower be for his car, including any supporting mods that need to be done?
Old 09-17-2004, 06:49 PM
bigjewc

yea, skinny t and i are gonna go at it, i just dont want to lose. i have a place her in vegas that a buddie of mine hooked me up with. they are willing to to high flow cats, 2in. alluminum pipes and flowmasters for 520.00. is this a good deal. i thank you all for all this info. and does anyone know where i could get the info on my bullitt regarding what all came stock in this car, gears, shifter ect. im not sure what it has.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

NO!

Do this:

A. No emissions: O/R X-pipe ($150 from UPR or mustangtuning) that has a 2.5" tubing (stock is 2.25, why go to 2?) W/ a magnapack or magnaflow, or SLP catback.

B. Emissions: SLP catted X-pipe (it's modular w/ race pipes or can be fit to LT's) w/ the catback from above... You can do this intalls w/ jackstands, a jack, and a wrench set.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:44 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

NO!

Do this:

B. Emissions: SLP catted X-pipe (it's modular w/ race pipes or can be fit to LT's) w/ the catback from above... You can do this intalls w/ jackstands, a jack, and a wrench set.
That SLP X will run him about $400 alone.

He can do an O/R X pipe and Magnaflows and it would run so much faster than with the flows, for about the same money.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:18 AM

How much is a set of 4.10 gears? I'm loving this post because it's answering some questions I have as well.

Old 09-18-2004, 01:29 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

How much is a set of 4.10 gears? I'm loving this post because it's answering some questions I have as well.
Right now you can pick some up at Parkway Ford in GA for $155 shipped until they run out, which will probably only be another week, then the price is going to jump back up to $200. Sucks *** too because I don't have the $155 or else I'd be all over that.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:59 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Steed man, not to jump on you, but I did give him the O/R option as well... He seemed to want to go catted and I gave him what I thought was a good catted X-pipe that can be changed to fit his needs if he feels he wants to go O/R later or get some LT's.

You forgot to quote the important part, part A....
Old 09-18-2004, 03:06 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigjewc

i just purchased a 2001 GT Bullitt, also my first time owning some american muscle, i am looking for engine mods, i want some raw power. but also want to keep is cost affordable. any info would be much appreciated, brands to stick to sites to buy from anything please

thank you
The most common modifications people do are exhaust, m.a.m., & gearing. It'd help us to know your budget, & rwhp/ft-lbs goal before going any further.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:08 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SKINNY T

He wants to be faster than me. I have an 04 SRT-4. Once I install a couple more parts (that I have in the garage waiting), I should be around 280-290whp and like 360wtq. I know he isn't going to stop modding until he beats me.

What do you guys think he will need to have done to whoop my ***?

T
What modifications have you done to your car now? What is it currently dyno'd at?
Old 09-18-2004, 06:59 PM
bigjewc

okay, i have no mods what so ever, haven't even had it long enough to get it dyno'd. am looking to speed a fair amount of money. of couse step by step. it seems to be that i should start with exaust. now heres the question, do i go with or w/o cats. and will i be able to pass smog without them come registration time next year. sorry i have so many questions, just very unsure what to do, and where to do it at. i want this beast to run like a champ for ever