MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   what should i do first (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/22371-what-should-i-do-first.html)

bigjewc 09-16-2004 08:51 PM

what should i do first

i just purchased a 2001 GT Bullitt, also my first time owning some american muscle, i am looking for engine mods, i want some raw power. but also want to keep is cost affordable. any info would be much appreciated, brands to stick to sites to buy from anything please

thank you

mdvaldosta 09-16-2004 09:41 PM

RE: what should i do first

First thing most of us do is a good cat-back exhaust and mid-pipe... nothing makes a Mustang what it is like good exhaust

blueangelfightr 09-16-2004 09:48 PM

Yea the first thing everyone does is exhaust. Then if you was to go fast u can put on a supercharger. The possiblities are endless. Good luck with your new car.;)

2001_SaleenS281_08 09-16-2004 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

Yea the first thing everyone does is exhaust. Then if you was to go fast u can put on a supercharger. The possiblities are endless. Good luck with your new car.;)
fast is fun, but super fast is better!!! you need twin turbo's for that baby!!!

USAMuscle 09-16-2004 10:02 PM

Yeah, but realistically speaking, and back on a budget, do the exhaust and a K&N air filter at least, if not a complete cold-air induction. Also you could get some 4.10 gears. They're pretty cheap and will make a HUGE difference in your acceleration.

04ShakinSteed 09-16-2004 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: USAMuscle

Yeah, but realistically speaking, and back on a budget, do the exhaust and a K&N air filter at least, if not a complete cold-air induction. Also you could get some 4.10 gears. They're pretty cheap and will make a HUGE difference in your acceleration.
I agree with the 4.10's USA, but didn't the Bullit come with a custom Ford built CAI?

Dan04COBRA 09-17-2004 12:32 AM

Bullit's look badass, just an intimidating car without the spoiler, sleeper.

I'd do a mid-pipe with some Magnapacks.... :D But, think that through if you plan on LT headers down the road, you'll have to buy another mid-pipe.

SKINNY T 09-17-2004 02:20 AM

He wants to be faster than me. I have an 04 SRT-4. Once I install a couple more parts (that I have in the garage waiting), I should be around 280-290whp and like 360wtq. I know he isn't going to stop modding until he beats me.

What do you guys think he will need to have done to whoop my ass?

T

NicksMeanGT 09-17-2004 03:05 AM

bigjewc, this may not be engine mods but, go w/ steeda tri-ax short throw shifter (if 5-speed), ford racing 4.10s, and drag radials(bf goodrich or nitto). this stuff will work wonders for you and very good bang for the buck. and since we all get the itch to make our stangs louder, you might as well throw a nice-sounding catback to your list. realisticly speaking, w/ these mods you're looking to spend around $1000. good luck on the purchase!:)

Dan04COBRA 09-17-2004 03:11 AM

ORIGINAL: SKINNY T

He wants to be faster than me. I have an 04 SRT-4. Once I install a couple more parts (that I have in the garage waiting), I should be around 280-290whp and like 360wtq. I know he isn't going to stop modding until he beats me.

What do you guys think he will need to have done to whoop my ass?

T
A blower.