what do you think it will add? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:14 PM   #11  
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: what do you think it will add?

Quote:
I'd say about 20 rwhp from the exhaust and CAI - its a good start dude.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif] Still got a long way to go to catch up with your massive 425 RWHP.

Thanks everyone.

What's my next mod?!?
MikeHawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:48 PM   #12  
Acer2428
Site Mod

U/D pullies, steeda timing adjuster, t/b, plenum.. LT's or ST's and then maybe cams...
Acer2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:51 PM   #13  
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Intake plen and TB was a good investment. I really noticed a big improvement in the mid-range and if that's not enough.....SPRAY IT...LOL
code3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:52 PM   #14  
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

Yes, the stock mid pipe is terribly restrictive, but so is the exhaust manifold, get some headers and really open it up. These motors really want to perform and really respond to intake and exhaust bolt ons, its amazing the improvement you can get w/out getting into the engine, lots of fun!
RJM02GTDrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:05 PM   #15  
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Quote:
Yes, the stock mid pipe is terribly restrictive, but so is the exhaust manifold, get some headers and really open it up. These motors really want to perform and really respond to intake and exhaust bolt ons, its amazing the improvement you can get w/out getting into the engine, lots of fun!
Yeah, but I don't want to put on LTs anytime in the immediate future and I understand that the stock manifolds are not really any worse than shorties.

What are the recommendations on intake?
Old 09-25-2004, 03:16 PM   #16  
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

they are worth all of that i have the slp set up xpipe back as well as the U/D pullies, plenium,CAI,75mm tb amd timing adjuster got 259hp/299tq on a dyno in 98degrees in TX. I bet u would have a few extra being as the air is better up north
neogenic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:36 PM   #17  
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Quote:
they are worth all of that i have the slp set up xpipe back as well as the U/D pullies, plenium,CAI,75mm tb amd timing adjuster got 259hp/299tq on a dyno in 98degrees in TX. I bet u would have a few extra being as the air is better up north
[sm=smiley20.gif]

cool, but I'm not sure what you meant by the sentence I bolded and underlined.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:56 PM   #18  
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I don't understand why people think shorties are worthless??

ANYTHING is better than stock manifolds. Compare the collectors between your stock manifolds and any of the shorties offered for late model GT's. There is a significant difference. From my understanding the ports on the shortie's could use some cleaning up, but if you are the budget racer that can't fathom spluring 1200+ on a long tube setup, I think the $240-260 you'll pay for shorties and 2 hour installation is worth it.

You'll see performance gains. The biggest difference between long tubes and shorties are the scavenging capabilities the long tubes have and will increase in a better torque curve. The shorties will make all their torque gains at the bottom of your power band, whereas the long tubes will spread it out and bring it up higher into your power band.

IMO, unless you are going FI or if you have the cash laying around to do long tubes, I don't find it needed to do so. Shorties or equal length headers will work just fine.
Dan04COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:41 PM   #19  
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

Quote:
I don't have much for performance parts (in my sig) but when I ordered the x pipe, the Magnaflow dude told me it would add power but didn't know how much.

Soooooooo fellers, what's it actually worth vs. the stock junk, if anything at all?

Magnaflow catted x (gotta get E tested too much)
Magnaflow cat back (no drone & real purdy tips)
UPR CAI (takes the stoopid screen out of the MAF and is all shiny)
I'm just giving my opinion on this but i prefer the flow, power and sound of bassani Exhaust better than anything else. I have Bassani Headers, Xpipe, high flow cats, mufflers, THE WHOLE WORKS!! And i havnt dyno tested it yet but i can tell a SIGNIFICANT difference in my cars Power, i just need some better breaks to compinsate. LOL. But i am in love w/ my bassani. My friends tell me that they can hear me all over my neighborhood when i start up and leave my house. and i set off car alarms EVERYWHERE i go. HAHA I LOVE IT. I WOULD RECOMEND IT TO ALL. And i have out ran another Stang w/ then same set up as i have but they have Flowmasters and i outran him. We both Have New MACH1s.
DaMach04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:47 PM   #20  
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

With cars that are identical exept for mufflers, the difference in power is only a few ponies. It really is just a drivers race. All and all good Kill!
SilverGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote