4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

K member problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 11:27 PM
SNORX302
1st Gear Member

Default K member problems

I just changed my k member yesterday and the whole process was straightfoward and problem free until I started the car. My Air Bag Light was on, and my wheels are also pointing different directions like a \ / -one wheel is pointing to the left and one is pointing to the right. I figure an alignment will fix that up hopefully. Any suggestions on the air bag light? Secondly, my horn is broken when I hit it, but it works when I hit the alarm...? Strange- And thirdly, my cruise control is broken and doesnt work...Any help?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Default RE: K member problems

Mabye the A-arms with the k-member you bought have a different location for where the tie-rods go, so thats why your toes off.... Or the mounting points for the stock a-arms are in a different location. If its real bad you can adjust the toe-rods your self to get it close enough to where it doesnt mess with your driving. An alignment will fix it.....

I would dissconnect your negative battery cable and leave it undone for atleast 30 minutes. This deactivates the airbag and is what you need to do if your going to be working on it... This should reset it.

Hmmmm, I would check for a fuse for your horn being out. Check your owners manual in your car and it will tell you which fuse does what. That fuse may also control the cruise control.... Hope these suggestions help