4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Someone give me a quick education on Control arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 07:39 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Someone give me a quick education on Control arms

ORIGINAL: 04BlueGT

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Oops, I looked at my sheet and it was $179 + s/h, so $200 or there about. www.jdsperformance.com Another GOOD idea is welded subframes. While you're at it, have the torque boxes fully welded.
+1 please listen to this man. He knows that hes talking about

But just dont go with boxed control arms go with tubular. Saves wieght and is better than boxed. They really help a lot with the flex your car has when you launch. That combined with full length weld in subframe connectors makes for a HUGE difference. Lowering springs are aways the first step though. They stiffin up your suspension and lower you center of gravity.
Thanks for the complement. However, lowering springs make for a ****ty launch at the track. Lowered, you don't get good weight transfer to the rear. If you're looking to drag this car, take a look at lakewood compenents: springs and adjustable CAs. Adjustable struts too. If this is a DD and you want to play some on the streets, then lowering is okay and will help carve the corners.
Yeah you're right. When i put on competition springs they killed my weight transfer. . . . but thats the point i built a track car not a drag car. I want a harsh ride becuase now i can smoke roush stage 2's no problems lol but then again i lowered my car 2 1/4 for that very reason. Its a REALLY harsh ride. I have Self adjusting shocks, upper and lower control arms, comp springs, strut tower bar, full length wend in subframe connectors, etc. But like i said, my car launches very harsh and my girlfriend always yells as me for how harsh the ride is. . . but i live in the mountains in colorado. . . not too many straights and a LOT of windy mountain roads
Old 01-09-2007, 07:41 PM
JT76

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Oops, I looked at my sheet and it was $179 + s/h, so $200 or there about. www.jdsperformance.com Another GOOD idea is welded subframes. While you're at it, have the torque boxes fully welded.
+1 please listen to this man. He knows that hes talking about

But just dont go with boxed control arms go with tubular. Saves wieght and is better than boxed. They really help a lot with the flex your car has when you launch. That combined with full length weld in subframe connectors makes for a HUGE difference. Lowering springs are aways the first step though. They stiffin up your suspension and lower you center of gravity.
Thanks for the complement. However, lowering springs make for a ****ty launch at the track. Lowered, you don't get good weight transfer to the rear. If you're looking to drag this car, take a look at lakewood compenents: springs and adjustable CAs. Adjustable struts too. If this is a DD and you want to play some on the streets, then lowering is okay and will help carve the corners.
yeah i have the H&R sport springs on mine, im painfully aware of the crap launches. I went to that site, they are like 169 for upper AND lower!?!? does this sound right???????? its for a set of them or just for one side? Seems too cheap

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index....m&inmake=0
Old 01-09-2007, 07:43 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

No thats about right. Those are the same ones i have. Granatelli makes good stuff. I love um and have never had any problems. BTW you can take off your "secondary shocks" when you put on the new control arms. You wont need them anymore.