4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:38 PM
WhiteFaleen2001
2nd Gear Member

Default Lots of questions

My bro has asked me to copy his post from another site and post it on here. He drives a supercharged bullitt (vortech).

1.) I supercharged my car back in July and I finally went over 3000 miles. My question is, the car asks for 0W20 oil but with the supercharger should I run a different weight? I will be running Mobile 1 full synthetic.

2.) I have a set of bilsteins and H&R race springs sitting in my garage and I finally want to install them. What size socket do I need to remove the big bolt on the bottom of the struts. If anyone knows what tools are required please let me know, that way I don't run into problems.

3.) Is there a right up or could someone tell me the easiest way to remove the carpet in the trunk without causing a lot of damage? I need to do this to remove the rear shocks.

4.) Just so you know I am currently not running an aftercooler on my car. I do need to change out the engine coolent. Do you guys recommend a particular brand that hopefully works better than others?

5.) It's not for my car but where can I find either a stock or after market nameplate for a 99-04 GT intake plenum? I have seen the steeda one but I was looking for something that looks stock.

6.) I need to get a short throw shifter. I was thinking of getting a MGW. If you guys think I should go with another brand let me know.

7.) Where is a cheap place to get new O2 sensors?

Thanks alot!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:50 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Lots of questions

My bro has asked me to copy his post from another site and post it on here. He drives a supercharged bullitt (vortech).

1.) Don't Know

2.) The socket size is either a 21 or 22MM.

3.) If you look in your trunk, there are black caps along both sides of the trunk that push onto a bolt to hole the sides up in the trunk. At the back of the trunk there are either 4 bolts or push caps as well. Remove those to help with the side pieces. Also, if you lay your rear seats down, there are 2 metal clips(1 on each side) that hold the front of the side trunk pieces in. (confused yet?, lol. It's not that hard)

4.) Don't know. I run an intercooler.

5.) I've seen them before, but can't remember where. You just need to do a search.

6.) MGW is a great STS. I have it and love it over the pro 5.0 I had.

7.) EBAY!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:53 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

2.) I have a set of bilsteins and H&R race springs sitting in my garage and I finally want to install them. What size socket do I need to remove the big bolt on the bottom of the struts. If anyone knows what tools are required please let me know, that way I don't run into problems.

Basic sockets and and rachet with a breaker bar will be all you will need and maybe an extra hand the size of those bolts for the socket is 21mm

3.) Is there a right up or could someone tell me the easiest way to remove the carpet in the trunk without causing a lot of damage? I need to do this to remove the rear shocks.

You should be able to to bull the side of the carpet to get to the shocks thats whatI did and it doesn't get to involved just dont pull to hard.

6.) I need to get a short throw shifter. I was thinking of getting a MGW. If you guys think I should go with another brand let me know.

MGW is a great brand a lot of guys run them on here I personally have a pro 5.0 and love it as well.

7.) Where is a cheap place to get new O2 sensors?
Regular advanced auto or autozone will be your best bet.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:31 PM
WhiteFaleen2001
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone have a answer for questions 1 and 4?