4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Opinions needed on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 01:07 AM
TOOT
3rd Gear Member

Default Opinions needed on exhaust

I have stock headers, stock mid pipe with a Flowmaster cat back (super 40 mufflers[&o]). I have a BBK catted x pipe waiting to be installed and need opinions on which muffler to use since most agree that a x pipe should be mated to a straight thru style muffler.
I've been looking hard at the Magnaflow Magna packs. I have checked the exhaust sticky but can't find a BBK catted x with Magna packs.
I like the way Flows sound on our cars but wish my cat back had the orig. 40 series.
I don't want the exhaust to sound plain Jane but want it loud and aggressive enough to scare women and little children back up on the side walk
Old 01-12-2007, 01:11 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Opinions needed on exhaust

If you want loud with ur catted X, you could always go with the LM I's. Thats if you want ur neighborhood to know who is coming down the road a mile or two away.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Boltt
3rd Gear Member

He wont be that loud...the stock headers are going to keep you quiet. And a cat is also going to keep you quiet. Look into some 1 5/8 headers first, and 40 series mufflers. That will be the loudest you could possibly get with a catted midpipe
Old 01-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Silver99GT
2nd Gear Member

Ok,put staight pipes where the mufflers are now after putting on the catted midpipe. Saves money, ebay the super 40's, you'll set car alarms off at will, you get your cake and eat it too. Oh, but don't try sneaking in an hour past lights out mister.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:17 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boltt

He wont be that loud...the stock headers are going to keep you quiet. And a cat is also going to keep you quiet. Look into some 1 5/8 headers first, and 40 series mufflers. That will be the loudest you could possibly get with a catted midpipe
Oh really? Maybe our defintions of loud are different. LM I's are pretty much loud with anything including the stock H. LM II's are a little more deeper and to me, just sound better. To much poppin and cracking for me to like the LM I's... even with a catted midpipe.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Boltt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

ORIGINAL: Boltt

Oh really? Maybe our defintions of loud are different. LM I's are pretty much loud with anything including the stock H. LM II's are a little more deeper and to me, just sound better. To much poppin and cracking for me to like the LM I's... even with a catted midpipe.
Lol probably. I ran open x-pipe for a month and a half, so im used to ear-shattering noise. And i love it.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Magnapacks are very deep and aggressive. Plus they are straight thru design, which you are looking for. I can't wait to upgrade my midpipe, it will sound even better.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:37 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silver99GT

Ok,put staight pipes where the mufflers are now after putting on the catted midpipe. Saves money, ebay the super 40's, you'll set car alarms off at will, you get your cake and eat it too. Oh, but don't try sneaking in an hour past lights out mister.
Have you ever seen a babys diaper full of runny nasty strange colored ****? Now imagine that as a sound and that is what straight pipes sound like.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:41 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

lm2, packs, singers

lm1's if your crazy
Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 AM
99mustang0
4th Gear Member

http://media.putfile.com/BassaniXwithmagnapacks

theres a short video of my magnapacks with a bassani catted x. Video takes a second to load so be patient. I loved the way the packs sounded with the catted x, i went to an o/r and it made it sound crazy loud. Not really good, just loud.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed on exhaust