4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Blackouts, Debadged, Spoiler Moved: PICS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Blackouts, Debadged, Spoiler Moved: PICS

looks good! When I moved my stocker back it took a lot of rubbing compound and time to get most of the pits and scratches out, but I finally was able to get most of it, and then re-waxed the area which also helped.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:31 PM
ant02gt
3rd Gear Member

yea i have the same problem with removing the marks where the spoiler used to sit...i removed mine completely. The marks it left bother the crap outa me thought. good luck getting them off
Old 01-12-2007, 06:35 PM
josh662234
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Everything looks good, but you need some rims. They don't match very well with the all black look.
I know they can't come soon enough. i'm going out to sea for 2 months next week so i'm goin to be saving up for some rims. . . i dont know if i want black with a chrome lip or all chrome. . .

and for the ford symbol . . .i want to take it off but i'm not sure what i should fill the holes with . . . i was just going to get some silicone or liquid metal from autozone for like 3 bucks and then get matching paint and do it myself. . . the holes should be small enough . . .
Old 01-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

since you seem to be going the black on black route...id be tempted to vote for black rims with a chrome/polished/machined lip even though i usually prefer chrome on black cars. with your "theme" tho i think black would look killer.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Boltt
3rd Gear Member

Looks good, i love 99 spoilers the best. Wouldnt trade mine for any other spoiler. Cept a roush, which is basically just a deeper 99 spoiler...Anyway, i like it. You need wider tires tho dude lol.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:17 PM
josh662234
3rd Gear Member

Yeah the dealership put those tires on right when i bought the car. . . brand new falken 245/45's . . . i'm going to get rims and a nice wide tire when i get back in two months . . . i'll save these for the winter. . . can anybody photoshop me some rims? black w/chrome lip?
Old 01-12-2007, 09:24 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Machwon

looks good! When I moved my stocker back it took a lot of rubbing compound and time to get most of the pits and scratches out, but I finally was able to get most of it, and then re-waxed the area which also helped.
the mark on my trunk werent nearly that bad, but I still had some. I had some 3m buffing compound laying around. I just used that. Dont buff any longer than you have to, b/c it cuts pretty deep. It took me a total of 2 mins buffing. Dont forget to wax after you are done.

Looks great in a way. It will all look awesome one you do some more appearance mods, but stock, I think the spoiler looks weird. (dont worry, I'm stock and I moved mine back too)[&:] But if you like it the Congrats! lol
Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Boltt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: josh662234

Yeah the dealership put those tires on right when i bought the car. . . brand new falken 245/45's . . . i'm going to get rims and a nice wide tire when i get back in two months . . . i'll save these for the winter. . . can anybody photoshop me some rims? black w/chrome lip?
Sure man get me a pic you want me to photoshop. Im guessing you meant black bullitts with chrome lip like i got? (in my gallery)
Old 01-12-2007, 09:35 PM
josh662234
3rd Gear Member

For christmas i got a gift cert for a complete buff/wax. . .i forget the word for it. . to my gf's father's dealership. . . a very very well known one that does an excellent job! i'm going to get it done when i get home in March
Old 01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
MBentz
2nd Gear Member

I'm not a fan of 50% or black outs on dark cars, but it's cool that you like them. I think it looks sexy as hell on the yellow, white and silver Stangs, just not on the darker ones.

Anyone want to swap their Silver for a DSG?

Quick Reply: Blackouts, Debadged, Spoiler Moved: PICS