4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Supercharger Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Q

Hey, I have a procharger on my 01 S281, and if I was gonna do a centrifugal blower again, I'd go the same route. To me, the air to ait intercooler puts procharger in the lead for centrifugal kits. Tell you what, the intercooler makes a difference, hands down. To me, vortec's aftercooler system doesn't seem very efficient. That said, the twin screw route is more streetable than the centrifugals. I am convinced that if everyone that is driving a mustang with a centrifugal blower went to a twin screw product with the same boost, after a week of driving both no one or almost no one would keep the centrifugal over the screw.
Add the fact that roots style have so much low end grunt that it reduces the life of the rest of your drivetrain
Your right foot reduces the life of your drivetrain, regardless of blower.

and most of the time that low end power is actually TOO much and hard to utilize.
...a problem you want to have. Trust me. Yeah, you don't need those 4.10's with the screw, and you'll just pick up freeway mileage and driveability. I'm tellin' ya, once you go screw, you'll never go back.
02 S281E #60 R.I.P.
01 S281 procharged (for sale)
Old 09-30-2004, 02:15 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Vortech with Paxton intercooler > Procharger intercooled

yea the aftercooler sucks
Old 09-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Vortech with Paxton intercooler > Procharger intercooled
...that's a pretty good arguement. If Vortec even offered an air to air, they would probably be the leader, hands down.
_________
02 S281E #60 R.I.P.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

So just for future info.... how would you do it again MD if you were messing with centrifugals? don't bother with the screws i don't wanna go in debt... lol
but what blower and which cooler... cause earlier you said you'd do a novi, and i just wanted to get it straight..
Old 09-30-2004, 11:01 PM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

Your right foot reduces the life of your drivetrain, regardless of blower.
that's true, but twin-screw puts more stress on the drivetrain. no matter how far you put your foot down, twin screw vs. centrifugal, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the t/s has alot more power from the get-go which would obiviously test your car's drivetrain integrity. I just got the mm&ff today and if you read the procharged cobra article, it backs this up.

...a problem you want to have. Trust me. Yeah, you don't need those 4.10's with the screw, and you'll just pick up freeway mileage and driveability. I'm tellin' ya, once you go screw, you'll never go back.
have you ever driven a twin-screw equipped car or even an 03-04 cobra? I have, and i can tell you that the t/s is unbelievable from a start. But i want my power to keep rolling on and building up; that's where our gt's get taken against camaros/ ws6's/ etc. Everyone i talk to says that the centrifugal is much more user friendly and the best choice for a weekend warrior. i don't plan on racing professionally, just the weekends after work. the centrifugals have alot of potential, smoother power, not as harsh on your car and are relatively affordable compared to twin-screw. trust me, once I go centrifugal, i'll never go back. (unless its an 03-04 cobra that's ready to go). But it's all in what you want...if you wanna beef up your rear end and spend alot more money on the twin screw, that's fine w/ me.

Nick
Old 09-30-2004, 11:04 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

(whispering in the corner)....turbos turbos turbos
Old 09-30-2004, 11:18 PM
chriscindy6369
3rd Gear Member

All i know is i have a Vortech on mine with no Problems. Had mine rebuilt, as a prev main thing..
Old 09-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Redline03GT
3rd Gear Member

Kenne Bell if you have the money, but Vortech owns Procharger in durability and stability. My friend has a procharger on his car and its no good - they have too many problems.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Wings65288
3rd Gear Member

man sounds like you guys really know your stuff, im tryin to get there still i need a good site that can help me or somethin. the 03-04 cobras come with a kenne bell stock right?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:52 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

NO they come with an Eaton, similar design though but not as efficient as a KB

Quick Reply: Supercharger Q