4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

90mm lightning mas

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 90mm lightning mas

Hang on.. doesn't a twin turbo setup use two MAF's?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:05 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

Hang on.. doesn't a twin turbo setup use two MAF's?

No if it is done right both run into one innercooler and one pipe goes to the intake.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:06 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yoteehunter

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

You don't need that 90mm lightning MAF since you arn't making enough power. Don't waste your money on something that will give you no gain.
I have twin turbos. It wont fit in my sig. Thanks for the info Im glad I didnt order the plug.
Is your motor still stock?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:10 AM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Twin turbos only use one MAS sensor. The two turbos feed into an intercooler and then from there one outlet goes to the MAS and then into the motor. I was told by mike murrilo to use the lightning meter for now I will only run 8psi and It seems the meter should be plenty capable even beyond that(Im not shure if he reprograms the computer to read as a blow thru or what the deal is but it has worked for others and thats what the man tells me to use). For now I will use it but if I ever go into my motor with better stuff then I may consider upgrading it. As long as it plugs in thats all I care. Im just waiting on it and a BOV and I should be all set just need some time to wrap it all up and money for a tune. March 10th I will have it finished no questions. That is spring break. I should be a smidge over 400hp so the 90mm ford unit should be ok.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

you can run 2 mafs on a twin turbo setup.

hmm.....yoru driving the car without a bov or exhaust. if you want ill sell you some new turbos next month when your give out.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:38 AM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: David_K

you can run 2 mafs on a twin turbo setup.

hmm.....yoru driving the car without a bov or exhaust. if you want ill sell you some new turbos next month when your give out.
Yes you could run 2 MAS with twin turbos, there is many configurations for this you could even go with out with a new management sytem but Im just doing what I can afford that is supposed to work well enough to get me where I want.

I dont think you understand I am not running anything right now my turbos are in under the hood and the exhaust pipes that feed them are under the car NOT connected to my headers. They are pulled out of the way (they have flex tube sections on them for motor twist when they are finally hooked up making them movable to some point) simply tied up with some hey bailing wire. My exhaust is still going through the x pipe and mufflers not through the turbos yet. The BOV and waste gates are not hooked up in any way. They are simply fabed in just sitting there. It is my daily driver so Im not able to just thrash on it and let it sit when I dont have funds or parts to fix it.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:08 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

you can run 2 mafs on any setup just tune it to where the computer thinks the injectors are really half there actual size
Old 01-16-2007, 09:12 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yoteehunter

You don't need that 90mm lightning MAF since you arn't making enough power. Don't waste your money on something that will give you no gain.
I have twin turbos. It wont fit in my sig. Thanks for the info Im glad I didnt order the plug.
Is your motor still stock?
The actual long block is still stock non pi 97 motor that came in the car.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:26 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Better be carefull with the boost levels.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Everyone says 8PSI and 400hp will be ok. And honestly I think so as well the mach 1 mustangs only have forged cranks but the pistons and rods are the same and they make over 300hp So I wont be bumping it up that much it just seems like it because my non pi started out so much lower. Also I only plan on running it for one year and then swapping it for a 5.4 forged set up. Cross my fingers and live and learn or hopefully enjoy.

Quick Reply: 90mm lightning mas