4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Wanna laugh read this. Need help too pls.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Wanna laugh read this. Need help too pls.

Ok so I feel like a total smuck

Well in a good way I am very happy this whole time I been ordering parts for my car I was thinking I had a stock 04 GT I was working with. Apparently there has been some work done to it and I didn't even notice.

First I have a set of springs on there I don't even know what they are lol! I found out the othernight I had one of my mustang meets I parked next to a friend of mine paul who has a 2002 GT and DAMN his **** is like a 4x4 lol I was saying this whole time why do people say stock springs look like its sitting like a 4x4 BECAUSE this whole time I had springs I didnt even notice LOL! So I am gonna get under there and see if I can figure out what set of springs I got. Anyone know how I can tell what I got? My car def sits way lower then his 2002 around 2 inches I am hoping there ford racing or Steeda. Anyone know how I can tell what they are?

Second today I go to change my fuel filter and I look at my mufflers and what do they say? FLOWMASTER (unless thats what comes from the factory lol I never looked into it) . I took some pictures to hopefully deceipher and see what type I have I thought they were stock this whole time I also have to check the H pipe and see if thats stock or has been changed as well. Its a catted H pipe so I am assuming thats the stock one? Anyways jus thought I would share that. Here is the pictures maybe this will help and someone canhelp me out? Sorry for the bad pics it was hard to get good shots now I see they turned out like crap Ill try to get some better ones tomorrow.
Thanks

Also fired up the camaro today and made a little video of me starting it up lol. Its been like 8 months since she has been on the road Tranny took a **** but I run it every 2 months to keep the blood flowing through her veins I got big plans for her suspension wise and putting the juice to it once my friend frees up his hotrod shop which should be another 2 weeks and she will be in the hotrod shop for 6 months and when she comes out she is gonna be NASTY should be a high 10 second Streetable car on the juice. high 11's on the motor I am predicting this after what Ive been researching and planning to do so well see i am very excited! Sorry I know not many of you are chevy fans but I love them both I wouldnt trade either of them I love them equally best of both Worlds! Here's a video if you wanna hear her running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRyaSGbI1ew
Old 01-14-2007, 11:45 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Wanna laugh read this. Need help too pls.

That camaro isnt 4.6 tech related! Get it out of here! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sm=violent053.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Lol but im sure there is going to be "someone" that will say something like that hahaha. Nice man way to score! What color are the springs is the first step?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:47 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

First off, Nice Camaro.

Second off. Thats crazy i had the same thing happen to me when i got my cobra. I bought it off my bro, and he always said it had 373s in the rear. I had them changed to a 410 and the shop said i had 430s in it to begin with, so i was actually looking for more gear. Thats crazy. But now i have better mileage. Just a lil. I also had the clutch changed and it had a steeda tri ax shifter i didnt know about. Then i noticed it had springs, flowmasters, and sub frame connectors. All was on the car before i got it. Then i noticed when we changed the clutch that it had a speed cal box too. I was LMAO thats crazy
Old 01-14-2007, 11:48 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

hey weres stang2000, hell be here shorly, LMAO
Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Same thing happened with me. Found out i had a king cobra clutch, diablo chip (that i gave to my buddy), complete new fuel system (pump, rail, injectors, the works) which makes me wonder why they did that[>:], and new valve springs. I wonder why they did that too. Oh well dont ask questions and just be happy i guess!
aMerICAn_mUsCLe79
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt99redcobra

hey weres stang2000, hell be here shorly, LMAO
haha +1
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Lol that camaro's horn is awesome. So you didnt notice you had flows when you started the stang up for the first time? lol
Old 01-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben790450

That camaro isnt 4.6 tech related! Get it out of here! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sm=violent053.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Lol but im sure there is going to be "someone" that will say something like that hahaha. Nice man way to score! What color are the springs is the first step?
LOL I know the springs are BLACK and have a orange marker writing on it from what I could see. If that helps any []? I didn't reallyget a good look today. I was planning on putting on my friends lift and checking it out later this week.

Yea I know but it was included with my 4.6 TECH sorry jus had an exciting day and wanted to share with everyone ill make sure I keep it 4.6 only after that rofl.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt99redcobra

First off, Nice Camaro.

Second off. Thats crazy i had the same thing happen to me when i got my cobra. I bought it off my bro, and he always said it had 373s in the rear. I had them changed to a 410 and the shop said i had 430s in it to begin with, so i was actually looking for more gear. Thats crazy. But now i have better mileage. Just a lil. I also had the clutch changed and it had a steeda tri ax shifter i didnt know about. Then i noticed it had springs, flowmasters, and sub frame connectors. All was on the car before i got it. Then i noticed when we changed the clutch that it had a speed cal box too. I was LMAO thats crazy
ROFL wow thats awesome It made me feel good cause I know I jus saved a bunch of money and I could put it into other stuff !!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:52 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Yep, your H is stock.

Quick Reply: Wanna laugh read this. Need help too pls.