4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Painting a chin spoiler...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Silver99GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Painting a chin spoiler...

Nothing wrong with your rims. They look good. But, on this forum there's some rice-a-phobia problems.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 AM
olesch
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DTK

The mirrors look good painted too.
Your painter is good.
Not too many around that prime and paint plastic properly.

What's up with the amber bulbs in the tails?
Many questions regarding the bulbs in the tail lights!

In Sweden turnsignals in the rear are only allowed to be orange. While the turn signals on the Mustang are red from the beginning, a common modification is to rewire it to the reverse lights and put a orange bulb in there. The other option is to install those Cobra rear lights, but i personal think the GT ones look better!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:22 AM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

How do you get the paint to stick right and not flake off when the spoiler bends?
"Flexible additive"is mixed in with the paint.It's the same stuff on bumper covers since they're flimsy and bend quite easily too. Obviously from the name it allows the paint to have some flexibility so it won't crack when twisted.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olesch

Your painter is good.

In Sweden turn signals in the rear are only allowed to be orange. While the turn signals on the Mustang are red from the beginning, a common modification is to rewire it to the reverse lights and put a orange bulb in there. The other option is to install those Cobra rear lights, but i personal think the GT ones look better!
i knew about the orange turn signal in Europe...i'm just wondering where the reverse lights are now lol...and the rear fog light???

i didn't used to like the 99-02 Cobra tailights, but they have grown on me since i've gone back to the OEM black/amber headlights from my aftermarket clear corner ones...i like how all the orange turn signals matche front and back...lol (i am NOT a ricer!!!!!!!!!)...it is wierd how the world has different laws about turn signals...who gives a SH*T...like people can't see a flashing light???

in CA you can't have clear corners legally...but then in Europe clear corners in the front come OEM...but then they have to have orange tailight turn signals AHHH!...i don't get it!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:40 PM
olesch
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred38

ORIGINAL: olesch

Your painter is good.

In Sweden turn signals in the rear are only allowed to be orange. While the turn signals on the Mustang are red from the beginning, a common modification is to rewire it to the reverse lights and put a orange bulb in there. The other option is to install those Cobra rear lights, but i personal think the GT ones look better!
i knew about the orange turn signal in Europe...i'm just wondering where the reverse lights are now lol...and the rear fog light???

i didn't used to like the 99-02 Cobra tailights, but they have grown on me since i've gone back to the OEM black/amber headlights from my aftermarket clear corner ones...i like how all the orange turn signals matche front and back...lol (i am NOT a ricer!!!!!!!!!)...it is wierd how the world has different laws about turn signals...who gives a SH*T...like people can't see a flashing light???

in CA you can't have clear corners legally...but then in Europe clear corners in the front come OEM...but then they have to have orange tailight turn signals AHHH!...i don't get it!
Yes all theese different laws. Makes no sence

I have no reverse lights at all now. There is no need for that in Sweden (back tolaws )

Regarding foglights in the rear, I have never thought of the rear fog lights. I didnt even know that the Mustang GT had rear fog lights. I will have a look next time!