MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Replacing Fuel Filter? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/231909-replacing-fuel-filter.html)

eventer289 01-16-2007 01:11 AM

Replacing Fuel Filter?

Do I have to buy the new filter from ford, or does an auto parts store carry a good one? Also, how much is the tool to remove it?

rbstang 01-16-2007 01:20 AM

RE: Replacing Fuel Filter?

i bought my tool and fuel filter from advanced auto parts. the tool was like $5-$15... or something i dont remember.

hot wheels 01-16-2007 02:07 AM

just have it done at an oil change place, quick cheap and your on your way. i believe it was like $40-50

eventer289 01-16-2007 02:10 AM

ORIGINAL: hot wheels

just have it done at an oil change place, quick cheap and your on your way. i believe it was like $40-50
Thats a rip off. I could do it myself for like 20

hot wheels 01-16-2007 02:15 AM

all the power to ya' i'd rather drive it then work on it

eventer289 01-16-2007 02:19 AM

I take it you didnt install anything in your sig then?

No offense to you, some people choose not to mess with installation, its just thatI have installed everything on my car save for the gears. Installing all of the components makes me feel like all my hard work and money saving has paid off. Its nice to get finished with a job and admire my work.

SVTBill 01-16-2007 02:19 AM

ORIGINAL: eventer289

that's a rip off im about to do it myself for 8:59

eventer289 01-16-2007 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

that's a rip off im about to do it myself for 8:59

How much did the filter and tool cost? Where did you purchase these?

hot wheels 01-16-2007 02:29 AM

i did install my entire stereo, short shifter, light bar, grill delete, and chin spoiler. i just don't really care to mess with stuff that can break down going down the road. i guess you could say i don't feel secure in my mechanical abilities for the rest. i know what you mean about the rewards of doing it yourself, though.

No offense to you, some people choose not to mess with installation, its just thatI have installed everything on my car save for the gears. Installing all of the components makes me feel like all my hard work and money saving has paid off. Its nice to get finished with a job and admire my work.

eventer289 01-16-2007 02:41 AM

i did install my entire stereo, short shifter, light bar, grill delete, and chin spoiler. i just don't really care to mess with stuff that can break down going down the road. i guess you could say i don't feel secure in my mechanical abilities for the rest. i know what you mean about the rewards of doing it yourself, though.

And thats completely okay. Not everyone is confident in their abilities to work on their cars. I fortunately was raised with a father that was always wrenching on cars. We share the same passion for modding and the mustang and thats all that really matters when it comes down to it. [sm=smiley20.gif]