4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need Opinions on Mods!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:47 PM
GT4U2NV
1st Gear Member

Default Need Opinions on Mods!!!

I bought a 2002 GT Convertible, 5spd, triple black stang. It has already flowmaster exhaust and a bbk cold air intake.My question is this.... Where do I go next? I was thinking 3.73 gears first. I want to eventually supercharge it but the money isnt there right now. so how do I upgrade with limited money resources. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2007, 12:24 AM
RC5522
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need Opinions on Mods!!!

Throttle body and plenum is a good cheap start.
I got a 75mm set up with spacers for 260.00.
An H-pipe or X-pipe
Mass air and a tuner would be good.
3.73's are great if you plan on going Supercharged.(make for nice stop light fun as well)
Aftermarket Pullies as well would be a cheap quick few HP.
After all that a decent sparking system & some traction devices are great.

Sucks that ford cant set us up from the factory.
So unless your rich its one well chosen part at a time!!
Old 01-19-2007, 12:30 AM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

everything rc5522 said is great. my combo is as follows;
75mm and plenum
diablo sport
off road x
catback
k&n intake

with just the few bolt ons its made a TON of diffrence. i have pullies i need to put on also.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:21 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Gears first, then tuner and shifter. Save the mass-airRC522 said for when you have the money to supercharge really not that big of a deal with bolt ons unless you go with a bigger set of injectors right now. A new midpipe would be nice too in order to free up some exhaust flow.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:25 AM
RC5522
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04mineralgreyGT

Gears first, then tuner and shifter. Save the mass-airRC522 said for when you have the money to supercharge really not that big of a deal with bolt ons unless you go with a bigger set of injectors right now. A new midpipe would be nice too in order to free up some exhaust flow.
Yeah the mass air is probably gonna be my last minor bolt on before going blown!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RC5522

Yeah the mass air is probably gonna be my last minor bolt on before going blown!!!
You'll normally get a new MAF with an s/c kit. Or do you plan on piecing your own kit toghether. I have a 90mm SCT big air 2400 MAF that is calibrated to 60# injectors and set not to peg. Might I recommend you look toward www.jmschip.com for when you decide to get blown. I have been happy with them.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:38 AM
RC5522
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RC5522

You'll normally get a new MAF with an s/c kit. Or do you plan on piecing your own kit toghether. I have a 90mm SCT big air 2400 MAF that is calibrated to 60# injectors and set not to peg. Might I recommend you look toward www.jmschip.com for when you decide to get blown. I have been happy with them.
With three mustangs under my belt over the years and all the $$$ consuming items I was steering away from blowers due to the 5.0's capabilities and cost.But these 4.6's im starting to think that a blower would be a clean HP upgrade its the damn cost that has'nt had me researching one yet
Old 01-19-2007, 01:44 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

I hear you on that. I just happened to get lucky and married a woman who thinks that letting me play with my car is something that I need to do in order to be happy so... she let me use some of our home equity loan to force feed my GT. Little does she know that all I need to be happy is to be fed and given a little trim here and there. But, hell I'm not complaining about having a wife that thinks my car is cool.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:47 AM
RC5522
2nd Gear Member

I hear you on that. I just happened to get lucky and married a woman who thinks that letting me play with my car is something that I need to do in order to be happy so... she let me use some of our home equity loan to force feed my GT. Little does she know that all I need to be happy is to be fed and given a little trim here and there. But, hell I'm not complaining about having a wife that thinks my car is cool.
I head this guy tell his old lady on the phone the other day he needed to do some mantinence on his truck.Mantinence on his springs and shocks meanwhile he was really getting the ok for a lift kit lol
Old 01-19-2007, 01:58 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Women can be so naive sometimes

Quick Reply: Need Opinions on Mods!!!