4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just wondering : car alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:26 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Just wondering : car alarm

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

O..then why does it beep? Is it just to let me know it locked lol?
Yes.

And some people use that feature to help find their car in a crowded parking lot, although the range is pretty limited

i dont know about you guys but i always know exactly where i parked. i use the honk to make sure the car is locked when im walking away from it.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uofipilot

I dont know about other years, but my 97 has passive theft. All that is is if you lock the doors, the system arms after a few seconds. Then, if you open a door with the inside handle without unlocking the doors first, the alarm (horn and lights) will go off. Also, it the tunk lock is removed/medded with when the alarm is "armed" then it will go off.

Best advice...read your flipin owners manual. That's where I found out how mine works.

Matt
That's not what PATS is actually, and if you're anything like me PATS is all you have. All PATS (Passive Anit Theft System) does is require you to have a programmed key to start the car. If you've actually tested it and set off an alarm, then you have an alarm as well, but I just have PATS.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:59 PM
ant02gt
3rd Gear Member

my 02 has a panic button and everything on the keyless entry. Does it still not have an alarm. I also have the theft light that flashes...if it doesnt have an alarm, what does that mean. I would go read my manual like suggested but i bought my car used and dont have one.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:00 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

Youre right, the PATS is the programmed key. What i meant by passive i guess is that if you shake the car, preak a window, ets, the alarm does not go off. I think only the cobras have what I'm talking about, and all have PATS.

Matt
Old 01-23-2007, 06:40 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ant02gt

my 02 has a panic button and everything on the keyless entry. Does it still not have an alarm. I also have the theft light that flashes...if it doesnt have an alarm, what does that mean. I would go read my manual like suggested but i bought my car used and dont have one.
It's to tell a thief they can't hot wire your car to start/steal it

Old 01-23-2007, 07:14 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

Not even my cosuins 97 cobra came with an alarm. But for the people that do have alwams on their cars, theres this thing called a factory key fob alarm upgrade, we sell it at my dealership, you use the stock key fob and just adds an alarm to it.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
MollyMustang
1st Gear Member

My 2000 GT convertible came with an extra manual labeled Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Vehicle Security Systems owners manual System3/System 4. It show you how to program the alarm and how to operate the different features. I installed alarms at Columbus Car Audio and Accessories in Ohio and this alarm has all the features that most after market alarms have except for remote start(it even has an adjustable shock sensor). I was surprised to see this because none of my mustangs have come with this before, they just had factory key-less entry.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:05 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

Not even my cosuins 97 cobra came with an alarm. But for the people that do have alwams on their cars, theres this thing called a factory key fob alarm upgrade, we sell it at my dealership, you use the stock key fob and just adds an alarm to it.
My 97 cobra does. Tell you cuz to open the window, close the door, lock them with the fob, wait for about 30 seconds, then try to reach in and open the door withour first unloking the doors. It "should" make the alarm go off, but who knows[&:] Mine does.

Matt
Old 01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
ant02gt
3rd Gear Member

so i dont actually have an alarm...bummer

so why do i have a panic button then...maybe to find my car in a crowd
Old 01-23-2007, 10:36 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

Just to be safe bro, i'd break down and purchase a good alarm. Python makes a decent alarm for around 200 - 250 installed at your local C City

Quick Reply: Just wondering : car alarm