4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How many supercharged 96-98s' ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Default How many supercharged 96-98s' ?

Hi all,
Do you have a 96 -98 that has an s/c kit? whos is it, where did you get it.

I have a 98 GT, I have been looking at s/c kits and decided on one. When I sent an e-mail I was told that they did not have a tune file for that year and I would have to have then dyno it. She said most people with the older cars dont s/c them. I find that a little hard to believe.. I will not mention the company, because they responded promptly and were very nice, I am just trying to confirm what they said.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2007, 02:51 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How many supercharged 96-98s' ?

You will have to get it dynotuned after the install, that's where your boost level and stuff can be determined. I would recommend some forged internals and a PI swap, before you do that though.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:07 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

I'm going to be boosted by spring(hopefully sooner). I bought my SQ off corral.net used. I wouldn't use a box tune either way. You should have no problems s/c your car. The age shouldn't matter. Keep your boost level moderate and get a good dyno tune and you should be fine.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Most good kits come with a tune, this particular kit is known for its great tune. As far as the internals not going over 400hp dont need forged. Yes I am doing a PI swap. None of the above had anything to do with my question. I wanted to know from others with a 96-98 GT that is supercharged.

ORIGINAL: StangChik

You will have to get it dynotuned after the install, that's where your boost level and stuff can be determined. I would recommend some forged internals and a PI swap, before you do that though.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:10 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Armydad

Most good kits come with a tune, this particular kit is known for its great tune. As far as the internals not going over 400hp dont need forged. Yes I am doing a PI swap. None of the above had anything to do with my question. I wanted to know from others with a 96-98 GT that is supercharged.

I'm guessing your talking about MPH? Either way you don't have to say yes or no. Even this timmy guy who sends out these "great tunes" says to have them checked on the dyno.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Not gonna say yeah or nay on the MPH, the tuning issue wasnt my concern, I cant believe there arent alot of s/c 96-98s' out there, that what she told me. That was their reason for not having a tune. I just want to hear from other 98s who have s/c

ORIGINAL: amoosenamedhank

I'm guessing your talking about MPH? Either way you don't have to say yes or no. Even this timmy guy who sends out these "great tunes" says to have them checked on the dyno.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Hey StangChik,

I think my response to you came off a little snotty, didn't mean it that way, sorry.[&:] Thanks for your input

Old 01-23-2007, 03:51 PM
red96gtconvtbl
2nd Gear Member

Hey Armydad, there's another thread started by uberstang1 that talks about how his supercharger install is gonna go in his 97 GTand what kind of power it's gonna produce. Talk to him if you wanna know about it.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, I'll search for the thread
Old 01-23-2007, 04:12 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Check out my signature

Quick Reply: How many supercharged 96-98s' ?