4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Saleen charger supporting mods...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen charger supporting mods...

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

Get some blower cams, they really wake up the power on PD blowers...the 42lb inj and 90mmLMAF are good choices as is the Focus pump. Then get yourself a good dyno tune. Free flowing exhaust and intake will benefit on the blown setup more on then NA so get that in good order.
haha cams would be nice.. but thats just extra cash that I dont have right now.. maybe in the future. And yeah I suppose i'll buy the ford racing injectors/lmaf with focus pump unless I find someone with a set of used injectors and maf. I think 30lbers would be fine as well for what I'm doing..
Old 01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

any other info on the injector size and mass air meter would be appreciated.

also, if anyone has the factory ford part number on that focus pump, I could use it. I seen in on here before, but can't find it now.

Thanks
Neil
Old 01-27-2007, 03:57 PM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

From what I understand, the stock MAF is good up to like 600hp or so something high like that. You just have to recalibrate it. Theres no need to get a new one if you dont want.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:27 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

Get some blower cams, they really wake up the power on PD blowers...the 42lb inj and 90mmLMAF are good choices as is the Focus pump. Then get yourself a good dyno tune. Free flowing exhaust and intake will benefit on the blown setup more on then NA so get that in good order.
haha cams would be nice.. but thats just extra cash that I dont have right now.. maybe in the future. And yeah I suppose i'll buy the ford racing injectors/lmaf with focus pump unless I find someone with a set of used injectors and maf. I think 30lbers would be fine as well for what I'm doing..
30's won't be enough...on a blown car 30's will be maxed at like 330hp and you don't want to be past 80% duty cycle on your injectors. Spend the extra money for the 42's.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

30's won't be enough...on a blown car 30's will be maxed at like 330hp and you don't want to be past 80% duty cycle on your injectors. Spend the extra money for the 42's.
hmmm thanks for the input, I didn't realize this. How far can I go with 42s, and what about the mass air meter, whats the best route on this?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

42lbs should support you all the way up to 500rwhp, or so they say...... I'd just do the 42s, see what the tune and graphs suggests, and go from there.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:31 AM
Shawn02GT
4th Gear Member

the focus pump is PN 3S4Z9H307BC or PFS-204. and call Randy @ Liberty ford 410-655-2000 they sell the focus pump for $95

edit: install instructions http://www.dndgarage.net/focuspumpinstall.htm
Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shawn02GT

the focus pump is PN 3S4Z9H307BC or PFS-204. and call Randy @ Liberty ford 410-655-2000 they sell the focus pump for $95

edit: install instructions http://www.dndgarage.net/focuspumpinstall.htm

Thanks alot man.. thats alot of good info
Old 01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

hmmm thanks for the input, I didn't realize this. How far can I go with 42s, and what about the mass air meter, whats the best route on this?
The 90mm Lightning MAF would be perfect for you and its cheap. I found mine on ebay for $80 new.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:28 PM
04gtmatt
2nd Gear Member

stock maf is 315rwhp not 600 retard

Quick Reply: Saleen charger supporting mods...