4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

VT Stage 3 Blower cam question.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:44 AM
blacllkllsi
3rd Gear Member

Default VT Stage 3 Blower cam question.....

I am looking for a blower cam for my supercharger application and am looking for an agressive idle. However the car is a street car. Are the VT stage 3 cams streetable and what is the idle diiference between the VT stage 2 and VT stage 3 blower cams? What spring and retainer kits are available for installation of the cam? This is the sound I am looking for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoA3ZFx1H0
Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: VT Stage 3 Blower cam question.....

I dont think any stage 3 would be streetable. A friend of mine has VT Stage 2s in his 200 GT and they cause him to have problems with idling/stalling sometimes.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

not true. a car with the same setup that i'm going with, except he had stage 2s and he idled with no problem. i'm getting stage 3s put in this coming week. dropping the car off sunday so i'll let you know how it turns out when i get it back the following weekend.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:59 AM
blacllkllsi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

not true. a car with the same setup that i'm going with, except he had stage 2s and he idled with no problem. i'm getting stage 3s put in this coming week. dropping the car off sunday so i'll let you know how it turns out when i get it back the following weekend.
how was the idle on the stage 2's??? PM me when you get the stage 3'sdone. I am very interested in the outcome. Any video clips of others in the mean time anyone??
Old 01-26-2007, 12:00 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i'll see if i can get him to send me a video. i think he got a vid of it when it was on the dyno. the idle was fine. not even close to stalling out.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:05 PM
blacllkllsi
3rd Gear Member

i'll see if i can get him to send me a video. i think he got a vid of it when it was on the dyno. the idle was fine. not even close to stalling out.
is it a noticable aggresive idle?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

oh, it definetly sounded meaner. it just wasn't to the point of stalling.

i didn't even notice what type you were talking about. mine and his are both patriot, not VT. i can't imagine the idle of the VT is much different though.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

yes, he had the stage 2s...not the stage 3s...stage 3s are designed for race applications and will not be very streetable. How do you try to say that what I said isn't true about the stage 3s and then say you know a car with stage 2s that idles fine LOL..makes no sense.

IMO stage 3s not cool for the street.

btw VT [sm=badidea.gif]
Old 01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

I dont think any stage 3 would be streetable. A friend of mine has VT Stage 2s in his 200 GT and they cause him to have problems with idling/stalling sometimes.
ORIGINAL: Miliock

yes, he had the stage 2s...not the stage 3s...stage 3s are designed for race applications and will not be very streetable. How do you try to say that what I said isn't true about the stage 3s and then say you know a car with stage 2s that idles fine LOL..makes no sense.

IMO stage 3s not cool for the street.

btw VT [sm=badidea.gif]
try reading all the posts
i was responding about stage 2s to that.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

ok, how are you going to tell me that isn't true...I've been in his car. At lights sometimes he has to rev the car to keep it from stalling lol...not saying it SHOULD happen, but it does

Quick Reply: VT Stage 3 Blower cam question.....