4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:20 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2002 Mineral Grey GT Appearance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:19 PM
LeyFoutch
1st Gear Member

Default 2002 Mineral Grey GT Appearance Mods

A few months ago, I bought a 2002 Mineral Grey Mustang GT. I'm still in love with my car; just walking outside and seeing it parked there puts a grin on my face.

I've been looking at a few things, though. You should probably also know that performance mods aren't really being considered at this point. The car is my daily driver, and I don't really have the desire to make it extremely fast, as it's already quick enough for my tastes. Also, I'm entering college in the fall, so money would be an issue with trying to add performance parts. Trying to make the car faster is a seemingly bottomless pit, with it never quite being fast enough. :-)

But anyway, here's a few small aesthetic modifications I'm considering, and I need some opinions.

The first and formost thing I want to do, which I know I'm going to do pretty soon (Probably once winter is over), is lowering the beast. I suppose this could be considered performance, but I just know it looks a hell of a lot better. I'm considering the Eiback Pro Kit, as I've heard the Sportlines are a really significant drop, especially for a daily driver. I've heard pretty much nothing but good about Eibach, but does anyone have any other suggestions for this?

I want to black out the area between my tail lights. Any recommendations on how to do this? I've seen the plastic honeycomb thing, but I've also just seen the vinyls. Anyone used either of these, and have any input?

Honeycomb Trim Panel: http://www.partshopper.com/shop/CDC-...anel-m147.html

Vinyl Black Panel: http://www.stangmods.com/Vinyl-Deck-...00669-9904.htm

To go with the above mentioned modification, I want to tint my tail lights.

I also want to do something similar to this: http://www.stangmods.com/Vinyl-Hood-Decal-p/00420.htm
However, I have no experience with vinyl, and I'm not sure how easy it is to use and make it look good. I just love the look of that recessed area on the hood in front of the scoop being black. Or do you think it'd be worth the money to just go get my hood painted the way I want it?

And the final thing I want to do is very small, but I think looks very good. I want to get that 4.6L V8 sticker for either side of the hood scoop, in black.

Do any of you have any of these items, and if so are you pleased with them and how they look? Any input is appreciated.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM
dye
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2002 Mineral Grey GT Appearance Mods

Umm im not a fan of the honeycomb thing in the back.. I wish our cars didnt come with that crapy honeycomb stuff in the hood scope and side scoopes. I hate it when i have to wash my car and then water drips out of it later on...Now the black back would look nice and maybe look into a chin spoiler, it adds to the car.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:47 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i always love black accents on mineral grey or dsg cars. like tint, blacked out tails, black inserts, mach1 chin etc etc
Old 01-26-2007, 05:50 PM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

I'm not much into appearance mods, but I do like the 4.6L V8 sticker for either side of the hood scoop, in black.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:51 PM
elite130
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2002 Mineral Grey GT too and my favorite appearance mods have been: Mach 1 chin spoiler, Mach 1 Grill Delete, 4.6L V8 hood scoop decals, and black "MUSTANG" bumper inserts. I personally don't like the honeycomb panel, I like the trunk the way it is. Here's some pics of my stang...

I can't remember where I found this pic, it may be someone's here, but here is the bumper inserts with the tinted taillights
Old 01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
LeyFoutch
1st Gear Member

Yes, I've got the bumper inserts. The MUSTANG text was black when I bought it.

I don't know what the honeycomb panel looks like; I've never seen one in person. However, I do know that I love the look of the trunk between the tail lights being black. And tinted tail lights look awesome, as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the grill delete. I just don't like the way it looks.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:14 PM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

This is mine

[IMG]local://upfiles/35906/516B366407DE4DD8A615D9BB8A424B2B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-26-2007, 06:35 PM
LeyFoutch
1st Gear Member

I love that look! Is it easy to install?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:40 PM
ant02gt
3rd Gear Member

i like the look of the black on silver. Great choice. I would def look into a chin spoiler and a mach 1 grill delete as well. Other than that it sounds like you have it handled
Old 01-26-2007, 07:53 PM
genes01stang
1st Gear Member

I painted the trunk between the taillights flat black,went out to take a pic. but camera isdead,

Quick Reply: 2002 Mineral Grey GT Appearance Mods