MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Should I buy this...(Pics) (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/236844-should-i-buy-this-pics.html)

203Mach1ne 01-27-2007 10:40 AM

RE: Should I buy this...(Pics)

OK yeah I think I'm gonna go for it...as long as there are no holes, it should be mint then?

wwmost 01-27-2007 11:21 AM

yea those little scrapes wont effect performance at all. personally i would go for the o/r x andget a new pipe if you dont want to go longtubes in the future. it is prolly cheaper to get a regular midpipe now and change the midpipe and headers when you wanna go longtubes rather then get the slp midpipe and slp longtubes later .they are expensive.

POISND U 01-27-2007 11:22 AM

#1: Why is he selling it to begin with?

#2: What's you current exhaust set up and what kinda sound are you looking for?

203Mach1ne 01-27-2007 03:03 PM

He's selling it because he is selling the car, so he put all the stock parts back on it
I currently have SLP LM1s, and I really just want more power :D

CobraSnake 01-27-2007 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: 203Mach1ne

He's selling it because he is selling the car, so he put all the stock parts back on it

well if your doing it for more power then don't do it. Your not going to really get a signifacant gain of HP. If your looking for more sound then do it.

97targa 01-27-2007 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: CobraSnake

ORIGINAL: 203Mach1ne

well if your doing it for more power then don't do it. Your not going to really get a signifacant gain of HP. If your looking for more sound then do it.
An O/R x-pipe is the best way to neta power gains. O/R h-pipe is the best way to net sound. You'll lose 8-10hp with any kind of catted pipe high flow or not. If you want to wait a month or 2 I have a Stainless O/R X-pipe that has no more than 300 miles on it for $160 shipped It's for shorty's?

POISND U 01-27-2007 03:28 PM

The LM's and the X will be LOUD, but they will compliment your current sound very well...

gt96stang 01-27-2007 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 97targa

ORIGINAL: CobraSnake

An O/R x-pipe is the best way to neta power gains. O/R h-pipe is the best way to net sound. You'll lose 8-10hp with any kind of catted pipe high flow or not. If you want to wait a month or 2 I have a Stainless O/R X-pipe that has no more than 300 miles on it for $160 shipped It's for shorty's?

What? regardless if it's catted or not, you're going to pick up a gain.. these days, hi-flow cats do not restrict the exhaust as much as some people think.. Probably lose some, yes, maybe 1-2, nothing you are going to really notice.. The most signifcant difference is going to be the sound difference. It will tone it down a little more since their are cats..

203Mach1ne 01-27-2007 03:41 PM

I own a Mach 1...its got a 4V engine....it responds very well to mods
The stock midpipe on the Machs is very restrictive and replacing it with anything--o/r pipes, h pipe, x pipe, prochamber, and even high flow cats--will give a significant gain in HP, especially working in conjunction with the SLP LM1 catback and JLT RAI w/ PHP Spacer
The LM1 catback alone dynod 10 whp over the stock catback, and 15ft-lb of tq
;)

wwmost 01-27-2007 06:35 PM

1) high flow cats and off roadpipes pretty much have the same gain these days. its more of a sound difference than more hp or less.
2) like stated above 4v's respond really well to mods and you will get more of and increase then a 2v would.