4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Guys with O/R Pipes!

Old 01-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Guys with O/R Pipes!

not at all. i love the sound, i love the power, and i actually love the smell too.

adding on to this post...guys with LTs and O/R pipes...do your cars look like they smoke a LOT when its cold out? seriously my tailpipes look like theres a little factory of migrant workers in there or something.

i might take a video to show yall what i mean and post it so you can tell me if its normal lol.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:50 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

not at all. i love the sound, i love the power, and i actually love the smell too.

adding on to this post...guys with LTs and O/R pipes...do your cars look like they smoke a LOT when its cold out? seriously my tailpipes look like theres a little factory of migrant workers in there or something.

i might take a video to show yall what i mean and post it so you can tell me if its normal lol.
Yep, even the stock exhaust smokes quite a bit when it's cold.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

i know mine used to smoke. but i mean theres just sooo much smoke now lol.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:04 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

I wasn;t rtyin to be a tree hugger, in fact I could care less! I was just simply stating that it def. does pollute the air. And your gas mileage is minimal compared to carbon monoxide that is released into the air! I do understanf the whole gas concept, but it is a little more in depth than what you have described, but lets forget about that so we can get back to smellin like we were at the track all day and look like we smokeda few bowls from the bong!.LOL
Old 01-30-2007, 06:15 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

I wasn;t rtyin to be a tree hugger, in fact I could care less! I was just simply stating that it def. does pollute the air. And your gas mileage is minimal compared to carbon monoxide that is released into the air! I do understanf the whole gas concept, but it is a little more in depth than what you have described, but lets forget about that so we can get back to smellin like we were at the track all day and look like we smokeda few bowls from the bong!.LOL
If you smell like you've been at the track all day then you, my friend, have what we call an exhaust leak. I NEVER smell my car until I get out or if I have my windows open I can sometimes catch the smell a little, especially right when I stop. Smelling your exhaust inside your car is a good sign of an exhaust leak.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:38 PM
whiterabit998
2nd Gear Member

for every one car that doesn't have cats there is problly 1000that do. not every one is into performance like we are, but for the ones that are, i say take em off and listen to the growls from the belly of our beast.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:56 PM
AvidMustang
3rd Gear Member

Polluting?!? wtf? Well, I could care less and I actually LIKE the smell. And when im ordering fast food they always have this look like "whats that smell" LOL
Old 01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
kcp1989
3rd Gear Member

i guess we're just releasing alot of unburned fuel into the atmosphere. i dont worry about it much because i usualy put only 4,000 miles on my car a year. For those, who are commuting 15,000 plus miles a year, i believe cats are needed.
So basicaly
toy=o/r
dd=cated
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
DrBob
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: krm486

I love it! Theres nothing better that hearing my girlbi**h about smelling like exhaust after she gets out of my car....
A buddy of mine had a 36' Skater Cat Race Boat w/ Keith Blackblocks built by Warren Johnsonthat polluted more in one start-up (withjust oneof the motors)than I ever will with my car in its entire life!! So I guess my answer is no.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

i can't believe some of you guys actually like that smell, it makes my eyes sting like hell! and to make it worse i have an exhaust leak [:'(]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guys with O/R Pipes!