4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Say farewell to another 4.6...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:43 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

Default Say farewell to another 4.6...

so.....I just got back from the hospital....

Tuesdaynight I went out to dinner with my girlfriend in Manchester CT. Roads had been icy so I was being very careful driving. I dropped her off at her apartment (thank GOD) and headed back home. I came to a red light at the bottom of the hill and stopped. The traffic perpindicular to me has a speed limit of 40mph with a green light...but we all know people drive faster.

all of a sudden I hear tires squealing and brakes lockin up...Just as I look in the rearview, a Honda Element smashes into me from behind and sends my car directly into the intersection and BAM...hit again directly in the drivers side...

about three hours later I woke up in Hartford Hospital with a broken arm, broken ribs, and stitches on my faceand arms. they basically did the jaws-o-life thing to get me out of the car...and i'll never forget the way my parents and girlfriend were looking at me like I was dead.

Let me just tell you that first and foremost I want to thank God for being alive and also Ford for making a car tough enough to take that and save my life. I'm thankful I'm alive but I'm also very pissed. The accident sent about 5 people to the hospital from what i know...yet the honda driver walked away fine....

And of all the stupid things that I've done with my car like speeding, racing.....hell, even driving it in the winter....it gets totalled sitting at a f*ckin stoplight.

My dad and I are going to go take pictures of the car for insurance reasons....hell i might even be able to sue I dunno....but from what I understand from my dads description, theres nothing salvagable from the car....which pisses me off even more since I just started putting a lot of money into it.....in the past month I had gears, a tune, black bullitts and nittos put on....

To add insult to injury.....when i got home today my Stainless Steel Mac exhaust/prochamber that I ordered was delivered.....I also have a ton of suspension parts I was going to put on, on the next warm day.

again i'm glad to be alive.....but I feel really pissed and sad about all this.....hopefully with insurance money this spring i'll pick up a new stang...if i do itll probably be another new edge gt since i have a bunch of parts for it....but...im just bummed......i probably wont even be able to go to work for like two months since my job is mostly labor....

GAAAAAAAH

I'll be back with another stang soon enough guys...just you wait......
Old 01-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Say farewell to another 4.6...

Ugh. Sorry to hear that man. Wasn't even your fault. At least you're ok, thats the most important thing. Im at my gf's apartment in Willington CT right now, thats pretty close.

See if you can buy the car back and part it out to make some money.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:03 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

Wow you got that right...thank god you're alive.I can tell you one thingabout car accidents, stupidity is involved 90% of the time.Its people like that honda element owner, and also the traffic that ran into you (if its wet/icey you should keep it UNDER the speed limit, no ifs ands or buts) that really get to me. Thank god you were being safe, if your rwd 4.6 powered mustang can break down that hill and come to a stop, we all know what the element should of been capable of. Instead his stupidity got the best of him, or rather, you and 5 others.

Sorry to hear about your employment issue,I had the same issue in the past. Hope your employer understands your position/condition. Btw if you have any back/neck injuries, get a lawyer, dont settle for what they'll give you by default (which will be a joke, 500$ for your pain? hah!) I made the mistake of settling thinking I was almost 100% better, and 2 years later (now) I still deal with bad back pains from time to time. Driving scares me, period. My accidents were all in motion, but not my fault, so speed tends to get to me, I feel it through-out my whole body, its aware that its traveling at a certain mph.

Anyways, enough blabber, hope you get well soon bro, and maybe you'll gain an oppurtunity of some kind with all this time to yourself
djb1187
5th Gear Member

omg...not again. man i am so sorry to hear that. Darn hondas always trying to ruin american muscle. I am gladdd you are ok. You are really blessed to survive 2 accidents back to back like that.
HpOoRwSeEr
2nd Gear Member

Holy sh**. you are very very lucky to be alive. very glad to hear so. as for the stang, i wish i could say the same. good luck finding another new edge. its a wonder the aerodynamics of the element didnt slow it down in time to no hit you.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:05 PM
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

Jesus, sounds like you got messed up pretty bad. lucky to be here telling you story. Im sorry to hear it. It feels like every time i log on to MF i see another stang bites the dust, n the accidents are worse each time.. Well it was nt a total loss, theres one less honda in the world... jk
Old 01-31-2007, 06:07 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Of the 18 bazillion cars on this board that got cracked up over the last few months, I just wanted to say I feel for you more than any other. Genuinely, bro. What a ****y thing to happen....
Old 01-31-2007, 06:07 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

Good to hear you are ok sorta, get a really good lawyer and stick it to the Honda driver good!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:17 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

wowzors another one down. glad your ok.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:19 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

so.....I just got back from the hospital....

Tuesdaynight I went out to dinner with my girlfriend in Manchester CT. Roads had been icy so I was being very careful driving. I dropped her off at her apartment (thank GOD) and headed back home. I came to a red light at the bottom of the hill and stopped. The traffic perpindicular to me has a speed limit of 40mph with a green light...but we all know people drive faster.

all of a sudden I hear tires squealing and brakes lockin up...Just as I look in the rearview, a Honda Element smashes into me from behind and sends my car directly into the intersection and BAM...hit again directly in the drivers side...

about three hours later I woke up in Hartford Hospital with a broken arm, broken ribs, and stitches on my faceand arms. they basically did the jaws-o-life thing to get me out of the car...and i'll never forget the way my parents and girlfriend were looking at me like I was dead.

Let me just tell you that first and foremost I want to thank God for being alive and also Ford for making a car tough enough to take that and save my life. I'm thankful I'm alive but I'm also very pissed. The accident sent about 5 people to the hospital from what i know...yet the honda driver walked away fine....

And of all the stupid things that I've done with my car like speeding, racing.....hell, even driving it in the winter....it gets totalled sitting at a f*ckin stoplight.

My dad and I are going to go take pictures of the car for insurance reasons....hell i might even be able to sue I dunno....but from what I understand from my dads description, theres nothing salvagable from the car....which pisses me off even more since I just started putting a lot of money into it.....in the past month I had gears, a tune, black bullitts and nittos put on....

To add insult to injury.....when i got home today my Stainless Steel Mac exhaust/prochamber that I ordered was delivered.....I also have a ton of suspension parts I was going to put on, on the next warm day.

again i'm glad to be alive.....but I feel really pissed and sad about all this.....hopefully with insurance money this spring i'll pick up a new stang...if i do itll probably be another new edge gt since i have a bunch of parts for it....but...im just bummed......i probably wont even be able to go to work for like two months since my job is mostly labor....

GAAAAAAAH

I'll be back with another stang soon enough guys...just you wait......
****** RICER! Like stated before, I feel for you more than the others who have wrecked over the last couple months. Glad you're alive, tho I bet you hurt like hell. Maybe once you get well you'll have another stang and you'll get back in the saddle.

Quick Reply: Say farewell to another 4.6...