4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Hood scoop honeycomb

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:51 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default Hood scoop honeycomb

Does it come out, or is it attached to the scoop? I don't like the looks of it since I got my grill delete put in, the honeycomb seems out of place.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hood scoop honeycomb

Are you guys gonna make me take off my hood scoop just to look? I know lots of you have taken your scoops off or put scoops on pre-01 cars...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

yea that thing is really annoying. especially when you wash your car. Water always seems to be in that thing and runs out. Its the worse when you go out somewhere and stop and you have water running out of that stupid scoop.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

It can come off but it does hold the front of the scoop in place. Plus the only thing they make for them to fill the hole once your done is a billett grill type thing[:'(]. I think that that looks like ****
Old 02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
HighHO!!!Silver!!
1st Gear Member

this is prolly a dumb question but is ther any way to make the scoop sumwhat functional? i've had my car for about a month and my buddy saw it for the first time the other day and asked if my scoop did anything...kinda sucks when you have to tell them it doesn't do ****
Old 02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Ok then, that solves that. [&o]

I hate having to dry my hood three times after I wash my car too...[:'(]
Old 02-01-2007, 12:55 PM
jaystang44
2nd Gear Member

Hey highho silverjust guessing but you could make it Functional with some fabracations.
just cut a hole under your hood where the scoop is i guess. I have not done it but i looked at mine yesterday to see how hard it would be to put a new grill in the scoop because i hate the hooney comb grill as well and it did not seem too hard.i just took off the isoalation under the hood and took a look. it looked like 4 bolt hold the scoop and maybe a nother2 hold that grill in.but what ever you want to do to make it functional be my guest.
Good luck
Old 02-01-2007, 01:06 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

Mine is somewhat functional. I had cut a hole in my hood where the old scoop thingy was (I have a 2000 did not come with the scoop). Drilled a hole inall the little holes in the honeycomb. Then cut a hole in the blanket. It blows cool air over my throttle body and plenum. Works well too. I can drive the hour to the track, get out, pop the hood, and put my hand on the plenum and not burn myself.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:12 PM
jaystang44
2nd Gear Member

See i figured that would work just was not exactly sure but i figured it would.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ASUSMC

Mine is somewhat functional. I had cut a hole in my hood where the old scoop thingy was (I have a 2000 did not come with the scoop). Drilled a hole inall the little holes in the honeycomb. Then cut a hole in the blanket. It blows cool air over my throttle body and plenum. Works well too. I can drive the hour to the track, get out, pop the hood, and put my hand on the plenum and not burn myself.
If you really drive an hour or more at the track often enough you should get either a ram air or an extractor hood. Your stuff will be much cooler and run better and last longer!

Quick Reply: Hood scoop honeycomb