4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Personal Loan Time

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Default RE: Personal Loan Time

you only live once, coffins dont have pockets.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uberstang1

you only live once, coffins dont have pockets.
Not true, I knew a girl who owned at a mortuary and she said you could special order some with pockets.

That said, taking a loan automatically makes you IN DEBT., since you owe the money plus interest. Not a smart choice to take a loan for performance mods, especially at a young age.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Yellow Fever
3rd Gear Member

As a financial Planner.I would say that going into debt to buy more horepower is not[/align]a good thing to do.With that said. There are alot worse things you can do with your money.Look for [/align]a short term loan.With the lowest interest rate possible.Never use your credit card for this type of purchase though.My 19 year old son is in college,and just borrowed $10k to buy another car.You're only young once.Be smart,and pay off your loan as soon as you can.Good luck.Go for the KB.I wish I would have...[/align]
Old 02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

if you want something save your money to buy it and it may be hard i have that problem so i probly wont have much stuff on my car but i wont get a loan just for perfomance mods because you have to pay a high intrest rate for a personal loan
Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Debt sucks. You should avoid it as much as possible. But to answer your question, I'd go with a Kenne Bell, run low boost, and baby your car. A built block is just more money, which will put you inmore debt.

.. But then again, It'd be kind of hard to baby a Kenne Bell wouldn't it [&:]
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jaybird79

Not true, I knew a girl who owned at a mortuary and she said you could special order some with pockets.
Haha that made me chuckle.

Eh, do what you want, on a subject like this the response is going to be "dont do it" but it's your money (kinda). If you want to do something like this, you better think long and hard and not care what others on the interweb think.

You're in college are ya? Well I dropped out after realizing the major I had picked was crap and wasn't what I wanted to do in life. Now I've got 30k to pay off for a year and a half of my life that I wasted. And let me tell ya, with that much debt, I can't do ****...and I make pretty good money. So take into consideration that along with this loan, you'll have to pay back student loans too.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:19 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Geting a loan for mods is the dumbest thing. What happens when you total your car? Then you will be paying on a loan and have nothing to show for it. Bad Idea. Save the money, if you have the money to make the payments then put that to the side untill you have the money to buy what you want. If you are going to buy a shortblock and a supercharger you are looking at a $10,000 to pay for all parts and labor. That is a f*cking car payment size payment each month.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:47 PM
slow99GT
3rd Gear Member

As a financial Planner
Thats funny I am a financial advisor too LOL...(click on the link below )

Dude I have thought about doing that many times. I feel the same way. I get so pissed when I see little rich kids with there cars and mods just givin to them.. Or even worse there is a dude where I live his dad gave him a MONEY job at a bank. he is on his second supra. the first one he paid.. ummm a lot for it made just under 800rwph.. ohh the kid is 19... he sold it to buy a house.. now he has another supra... At the same time I am jealous but I try not to let it get to me. I am still in school and working full time. It will pay off one of these days just dont let it get to ya. I get pissed everytime I see that supra and its freaking front mount errrggggg. I cant wait to race hime and spank his ***!

On a side note. spend a couple of hundred dollars and buy a used N20 kit. its paid for and you can run just as fast as the supercharged guys.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

yeah man i would never put myself in debt just for a stupid modification for my car. college should be your priority and after you graduate you can buy a ford gt if you please. But if you dont take the financial advice. Please get a forged block also because supercharging a stock gt is dangerous if not done right and you will end up with a blown motor, seen it wayyyy too many times. Or you can be like me and do it the cheap route untill you have enough money for a blower and block and that is too buy a lil cheap nitrous kit.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:03 PM
stangarang
2nd Gear Member

i agree with not going in debt to get speed parts, but with that said if you are still set on getting the loan you need to decide what you are using this car for and what you want it to do. do you want a quick daily driver, or a true race car? fast straight line acceleration or corner carving? after that research the options that best fit what you want your car to be. and price does matter, cause if it didn't i'd have a twin turbo 5.4 out of a ford GT in my stang. make realistic goals, and most of all a plan, then go from there.

Quick Reply: Personal Loan Time