4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GOD I love this f'n car!! (new dyno)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Default GOD I love this f'n car!! (new dyno)

These little 4.6s sure do love boost + good cold air- this is with 8lbs P1-SC, t/b, plenum, Short headers, catted X, and SLP LM2s:

I think someone may have gotten a video of the car on the dyno...if so i'll add it to this thread when i find it.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GOD I love this f'n car!! (new dyno)

nice numbers man, congrats
Old 02-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Dat dont loook so gude. The dip there at the 5200 mark means its going super rich. I'll bet your a/f is all ove the place. Get it tune ASAP. Being rich is ok for now, its going lean that will kill the motor. Either way, you are down on hp being rich.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:58 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the numbers. If it weren't for saving up to get a house, I probably would be getting a blower :/
Old 02-03-2007, 09:00 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wisk

Congrats on the numbers. If it weren't for saving up to get a house, I probably would be getting a blower :/
If I weren't a poor **** I'd be getting a blower [&o]
Old 02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

ORIGINAL: wisk

If I weren't a poor **** I'd be getting a blower [&o]
Haha.. that fits into my situation as well!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Hey Jiggy- Thanks for the info on A/F- I was actually pretty worried about leaning out today but everything worked out. The car actually has an SCTtune (done by the same place), this was just for a group dyno day and the air was particularly good (58 degrees, 7% humidity,700ft elevation), which allowed me an extra 15hp and 11 tq over my tune #s that were 390/414. We tuned it conservatively (rich) with an a/f max of 11.7-9 above 3K. Since conditions were a lot colder it did lean the mixture a bit- but never went above 12.0 today. I had it tuned a little on the rich side for precaution since I wont be able to drop in a forged bottom end until at least next summer. Here is the a/f from today: -The "ideal" line is 13.0 from a N/A mach 1 that went before me- he didn't adjust it for my run but it should be about 12.0:

Old 02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Cool man, better safe than sorry. But that dip still bothers me. There must be something else going on to make the car splash more fuel in. Did you change the plugs out for colder ones and gap them to like .30-.35? I would do that and then have a real tuner make a run with it. Also, you should remove your negative battery terminal and turn on your headlights and turn the ignition on to clear the computers adaptive strategy. The computer is compensating for something, and you need to let it relearn your new setup. Getting a new tune from what I understand, doesnt change that, you need to clear it out manually.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Yeah the car has NGK TR6s gapped to .34. I also reset the battery- the fluctuations you are seeing in the curve is most likely from the MAF Pegging. I talked to the operator ( same guy who tuned it) and he said in this cold of weather (19 degrees outside) that since it was tuned in 80+ degree weather the MAF is probably slightly pegging towards the upper end, but since the car has already added Fuel to 11.7 it retains the a/f to 6K+. Im actually quite happy the car is generously rich....but if there was a lean spike....that wouldbe another story [:-]
Old 02-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

When I installed my cai and an offroad prochamber, I noticed that the car was getting horrible gas milage and it stunk so bad I almost couldnt drive it. I know what your thinking with not having the cats, but this was way worse than that. I already had a custom tune, so I called my tuner and asked him about it. He said the car was probably pulling fuel because it was seeing way more airflow and the car was trying to prevent it from going lean. He told me to use my predator to datalog the fuel trims to see how much fuel was being pulled. It turned out the car was maxed out pulling fuel on the long term fuel trims which means the car thinks is running way lean. He told me to clear the adaptive thing in the computer and relog it. Not only did the fuel trims get WAY better and within spec, but the exhaust smelled like roses compared to before and it felt way more powerful too.

Quick Reply: GOD I love this f'n car!! (new dyno)