4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

This is what I did...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: This is what I did...

Hey AF, did you paint the scoop yourself, if so did you take it off, or just cover up the rest of the hood? i've been thinking about doing it just to match the hood stripe, i thought it was look cool, plus i just love black against silver. I can't decide though if i want the scoop to be a flat or gloss with like a clear coat, i was leaning toward a flat since the stripe is more flat than glossy, what do yall think, Opinions welcome!
Old 10-22-2004, 01:56 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Hey AF, did you paint the scoop yourself, if so did you take it off, or just cover up the rest of the hood? i've been thinking about doing it just to match the hood stripe, i thought it was look cool, plus i just love black against silver. I can't decide though if i want the scoop to be a flat or gloss with like a clear coat, i was leaning toward a flat since the stripe is more flat than glossy, what do yall think, Opinions welcome!
IMO match the black that's there. Old school = flat black on hood. Some old Cudas etc used to come with flat black hoods....so the sun wouldn't glare off of it (so they say).

Your car looks cool Airforce. I like the black accents but why did you only do the small piece in front of the rocker panels (behind the front tire)?
Old 10-23-2004, 01:37 AM
AirForce2004
2nd Gear Member

Heh I knew the question about the skirt was comming. The first thing I painted were those corners on the skirts. I wanted to see if I would mess up royaly or if I could paint the pieces myself. So I tested it. I painted the scoop myself and the spoiler. Came out pretty good.

I took each individual piece off and sprayed it with automotive laquer then I put a non gloss clear coat on it. The paint itself was a black semi-gloss.

Now I cant figure out if I should paint the whole skirt or get it back to red. If I paint the whole skirt Im gonna have to get the mach 1 chin spoiler to match the front.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:51 AM
GT00_80
1st Gear Member

I like that Idea. The chin spoiler will really set it off. Nice job!
Old 10-23-2004, 03:06 PM
CivicStomper96
1st Gear Member

Verry nice! My mustang is red.. and verry faded.. I'd love to get a paintjob like that? Is that Ford red?
Old 10-23-2004, 05:32 PM
03SilverGT
2nd Gear Member

hey airforce looks good way to copy me? I think you should take the gt embles off that looks a little ghetto, I also painted my hood scoop and rear wing about a year ago and it turned out pretty good. Yours looks good but just know i was the first to do it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/03silvergt
Old 10-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

OMG UNPOSSIBLE NOBODY CAN THINK UP SOMETHING THAT ORIGINAL LOOKING ON THEIR OWN WTF

wait huh

looks like ford beat you to the punch. quit being a ****ing ****. where did he say he was the first to do it?
Old 10-23-2004, 05:37 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i like my 2004 badges. i love not having the GT badge on the side. i cruise around with my fog lights off and people mistake me for a v6 because of it. cause from the front and side when my froggies are off, it looks like a v6. most people don't actually listen to my roar either.
Old 10-23-2004, 05:45 PM
03SilverGT
2nd Gear Member

i ment i was the first person at shaw to do it. No way the Mach 1 looks like that?????? No S**T. I wasnt trying to be a dick he is like look at what i did because of course he is happy and all yall are like thats awsome it does look good i was just saying he copied me not that i beat ford and created the look. Anyway Airforce your car looks good and i have lots of plans for mine when i get home from Iraq. Ive alreay ordered all kinds of stuff ill be here till march damn 6 month tours suck. anyway look foward to getting back and working on the stang. Keep on working on yours and we car run them when i get home. Peace
Old 10-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

no, you came up in here like you invented the mustang and black paint. if he has never seen yours before, how could he have copied it? cause it's not that original of a design. big deal?

Quick Reply: This is what I did...