4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Got Procharger, what next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:18 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Got Procharger, what next?

The intakes probably wont make much of a difference. Maybe a few rwhp.. I agree with these guys - get some gears, but before you get the dynotune, have them dyno it first - no point in spending 4-500 bucks on a dynotune, if your a/f is good and your making good numbers. Post some pics of this car, and it's engine bay, exhaust too - we should be able to tell from pictures any mods we can plainly see.

How much boost are you running? You really don't want to run much more then 8-10psi on stock motors. It can handle up to 12psi, but that's basically maxxed out and on borrowed time. Have there been any cooling mods, is it intercooled? Is the car auto or manual? That shiny manifold, I hope you're not talking about the Pro products one, it's crap - don't buy it.

Midpipe if you don't have one, i'd say depending on what type of sound you want, I liked my Mac hpipe because of the rumble... or if you like the Nascar sound - may wanna check into an xpipe, also see a couple more ponies with the xpipe.

For your car right now, definatly want to do gears, might also want to beef up your axle, your suspension should be solid, as it's a Roush. If it's off, go ahead and do the dynotune... but after that the car may be maxed out, and you might be ready for a new short block if you wanna run more power.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:23 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

Default Got Procharger, what next?

Thanks for the jetchip advice, the kid did put more than the blower, magnaflow mufflers. My brother has a 03 GT rag, an he put the h-pipe on an it sounds nice. In which case i know my car needs to breath and with the supercharger pushin all that air so i know its good i get an exhaust.
But other than that, thats all.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:23 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

I'd get some suspension mods and get the power to the ground
Old 02-16-2007, 07:33 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

The intakes probably wont make much of a difference. Maybe a few rwhp.. I agree with these guys - get some gears, but before you get the dynotune, have them dyno it first - no point in spending 4-500 bucks on a dynotune, if your a/f is good and your making good numbers. Post some pics of this car, and it's engine bay, exhaust too - we should be able to tell from pictures any mods we can plainly see.

How much boost are you running? You really don't want to run much more then 8-10psi on stock motors. It can handle up to 12psi, but that's basically maxxed out and on borrowed time. Have there been any cooling mods, is it intercooled? Is the car auto or manual? That shiny manifold, I hope you're not talking about the Pro products one, it's crap - don't buy it.

Midpipe if you don't have one, i'd say depending on what type of sound you want, I liked my Mac hpipe because of the rumble... or if you like the Nascar sound - may wanna check into an xpipe, also see a couple more ponies with the xpipe.
Well i like the shaker hood look, so i'll prolly save that till later. Looks can wait for now.
So it looks like its H-pipe exhaust (X not worth the noise), dynotune, im running 8psi now (waiting to engine mod before going higher) its got a 3-core intercooler 75mm dragon intake, manual tranny, as for the shiney manifold its a Typhoon ( http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...902249&pid), anymore questions im eatin this up and gettin hyped =P
Old 02-16-2007, 07:34 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

I'd get some suspension mods and get the power to the ground
Whats a good brand / price to go with?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:36 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iraziel

Well i like the shaker hood look, so i'll prolly save that till later. Looks can wait for now.
So it looks like its H-pipe exhaust (X not worth the noise), dynotune, im running 8psi now (waiting to engine mod before going higher) its got a 3-core intercooler 75mm dragon intake, manual tranny, as for the shiney manifold its a Typhoon ( http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...902249&pid), anymore questions im eatin this up and gettin hyped =P

The shaker would be absolutely pointless with the supercharger.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:28 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

don't get the Typhoon... it's crap. Save your money.

If he has a Roush, I wouldn't worry about suspension - he already should have the Roush suspension, which isn't to shabby. Gears, exhaust, dyno to check your A/F, tires maybe.. other then that, save up for a built motor, tranny, rear axle and clutch.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

yeah that one guy makes a good point..im sure if someone s/c it, they probabaly already have a ton of bolt-ons, especially exhaust.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:53 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

don't get the Typhoon... it's crap. Save your money.

If he has a Roush, I wouldn't worry about suspension - he already should have the Roush suspension, which isn't to shabby. Gears, exhaust, dyno to check your A/F, tires maybe.. other then that, save up for a built motor, tranny, rear axle and clutch.
stage 1 roush.... so, yea he should upgrade to stage 3
Old 02-17-2007, 12:09 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Brands, what are you referring to? The suspension? I thought the Stage 1s came with the kit and suspension?

Quick Reply: Got Procharger, what next?