4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Got Procharger, what next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 06:44 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

Default Got Procharger, what next?

Hey, im pretty new to this site and to Mustangs altogether. Well i happened to get lucky and pick up a Stage 1 Roush (2002GT) and it came with an aftermarket supercharger ( Procharger PS-C1 ). Anyway im trying to figure out what i should do next (my first choice would be an H-pipe exhaust), so can anyone help me out? Lookin for mods $1,000 or less, i already found a shiney new manifold to increase 30-40hp for $500 and a Jetchip for $300(so they say) but doing a bit of research makes them sound iffy, a friend of mine says its "user error".
Can i get somegood info on products?
PS. i can take 03-04 Cobras off the start but need some help on a roll-startin 3rd, maybe that will help to show what direction im trying to go
Old 02-16-2007, 06:50 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got Procharger, what next?

Even though its a personal choice of mine not too, you can get 3.73 rear end gears, it will help you out in 3rd and 4th.

A jet chip.... wtf is that? I assume you either have a chip or computer flash already and hopefully a dynotune. If not sct handheld tuner and a dyno tune would be good.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:50 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

If you alreadhy have the s/c go ahead and get your exhaust done. Maybe some gears (3.73-4.10). May want to look at a methanol injection kit from Snow Performance. Nanaki, a fellow forum member, made an extra 50rwhp with a meth injection kit. You could also get a smaller pulley. You'll need a tune (dyno tune) if you do pulley or meth injection. A "jet" chip isn't going to do anything for you. Get an SCT X calibrator 2 and find a reputable dyno shop to tune your car and load the tunes on the Xcal2.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:56 PM
kcp1989
3rd Gear Member

I think your best bet would to get some 3.73 gears. It will dramaticaly wake your car up in every aspect especialy since your already blown
Old 02-16-2007, 06:57 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

Default Got Procharger, what next?

Awsome i know where to find a good Dyno shop, although i never had personal experience with the guy, everyone recommends it. But where do i look to for 3.73 gears and how much would something like that cost(gears + tuning)?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:02 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

I would research for a dyno tuner (shop) close to you that specializes in mustangs and fords. Gears would be around 400-500 bucks for patrs and install, and a dyno tune will be anywhere from 200 bucks to 500 bucks. Modular Powerhouse charges $460 to tune a supercharged mustang, another place I researched charges $125 an hour for custom dyno tuning. where are you located?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:03 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

First and foremost you have to check and see what on the car to begin with. I don't see someone throwing a blower on a car without any bolt-ons ESPECIALLY exhaust. It may have been done but I don't see it happening. If you have a supercharger I don't know exactly what a Jet chip your car should already have a custom chip.

If you have a P-1SC I would change the blower oil and fuel filter. Other possible mods may be a powerpipe (helps get better boost quicker but requires cutting of the fenderwell) get an O/Rmidpipe(like the H-pipe you mentioned just with no cats)will greatly increase your exhaust flow. I have a D-1SCand with no more than a midpipe and catback I made 407whp and 409wtq. O and the most important modis the one so you don't have to go buy a motor tomorrow

DYNOTUNE
Old 02-16-2007, 07:11 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

USMC eh? Right on Devil. Well since everyone has recommended Dynotune that seems to be an obvious choice, smaller pully yes ,but i dont want to do that without upgrading my cam/ rings. Which bings me to my next question, what about upgrading those? Holly or other an how much? An as for my location im in Albuquerque, NM.
Let it be known though that i dont want to cut out/down any part of my car.I was thinking buying the RAM air that Roush has since it will work with my current supercharger, good idea?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:14 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

you seem like you are just getting into cars.. so take this advice...

never EVER buy a jetchip for any vehicle that you ever buy... they do not add any power and all they do is mess with the airfuels and lean the car out for more power, which for a supercharged car.. is a baaaaaad thing...

the car should already be tuned knowing it has the blower.. see what the car has for exhuast under it as of now, the previous owner may have already installed a bunch of goodies other than just the P1
Old 02-16-2007, 07:17 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iraziel

USMC eh? Right on Devil. Well since everyone has recommended Dynotune that seems to be an obvious choice, smaller pully yes ,but i dont want to do that without upgrading my cam/ rings. Which bings me to my next question, what about upgrading those? Holly or other an how much? An as for my location im in Albuquerque, NM.
Let it be known though that i dont want to cut out/down any part of my car.I was thinking buying the RAM air that Roush has since it will work with my current supercharger, good idea?
well... upgrading your cams and rings has nothing to do with putting on a smaller pulley.. to put on a smaller pulley, you will more than likely need new pistons/rods/crank (and of course your rings)... basically a new shortblock to be able to withstand the higher boost levels.

as for the cams, they will build more power too, so make sure you do not exceed 400-450rwhp without upgrading the shortblock

Quick Reply: Got Procharger, what next?