D-1SC / P-1SC - Page 2 - MustangForums.com


4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2007, 04:10 AM   #11  
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 560
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

bransdaman78 I would like to know what you mean, since i think you have one if Im not mistaken. Anything will help, Iam just looking for some friendly information.
davidsv8mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:26 AM   #12  
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member
 
ZW99GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,797
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dsg04gt

Mylongvictor is shooting for 500 + wheel hp with a P1. Unless your going all out, you won't need a D.
You won't NEED it. But if they say its only a $400 upgrade, then why the hell not. I've seen a couple people already that have threw on a entry level supercharger, got bored, built the motor, and are now looking for a bigger/badder blower. Why not do it right the first time?
ZW99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:38 AM   #13  
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 12,575
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dsg04gt

Mylongvictor is shooting for 500 + wheel hp with a P1. Unless your going all out, you won't need a D.
You won't NEED it. But if they say its only a $400 upgrade, then why the hell not. I've seen a couple people already that have threw on a entry level supercharger, got bored, built the motor, and are now looking for a bigger/badder blower. Why not do it right the first time?
I would definatly stick with the P though if you have absolutly no intention of upgradeing the stock shortblock. Not only do you save money, but the P should make slightly more power than the D on a low boost setting (less mass, less blower, less power loss etc)
2000GT4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:41 AM   #14  
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member
 
ZW99GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,797
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dsg04gt

Mylongvictor is shooting for 500 + wheel hp with a P1. Unless your going all out, you won't need a D.
You won't NEED it. But if they say its only a $400 upgrade, then why the hell not. I've seen a couple people already that have threw on a entry level supercharger, got bored, built the motor, and are now looking for a bigger/badder blower. Why not do it right the first time?
I would definatly stick with the P though if you have absolutly no intention of upgradeing the stock shortblock. Not only do you save money, but the P should make slightly more power than the D on a low boost setting (less mass, less blower, less power loss etc)
Hmm, never thought about that. I shouldnt be giving advice about superchargers anyways.
ZW99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:15 AM   #15  
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,409
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

My D1 made pretty much exactly the same hp as a P1 with the same mods until about 4800 rpm. That is when the D1 really starts to shine. With a 10lb pulley at 5500 rpm I was makin 13 psi and at 6000 I was makin 14psi and my tuner shut down so he didn't blow my motor. The D1 simply gives you more room to grow into. WHEN not if but WHEN you blow your stock motor the D1 is good for more power. I only got the D1 cause that is what Code had but I would never go back. My car makes a ton of power with only the potential for a **** ton more. In other words the D1 can obviously make more power and if you get a rotating assembly that can spin to 7500 consistantly the D1 is well worth the investment.

Plus the D1 is a lot louder. Makes a lot more noise at idle and sounds like a jet at most RPM's.
ASUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #16  
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ALABAMA
Posts: 1,298
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

The D1 isessentially the same as aP1 except for a different, more efficient impeller thus allowing it to produce more power in the higher rpm's. If you look at a P1's impeller the blades are straight, then you look at the D1 and the blades are curved over (look more like fan blades on a turbofan jet engine). It's not a bad upgrade if you plan on a little higher boost capabilities later on.
04mineralgreyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #17  
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member
 
JJ03MustangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: south carolina
Posts: 3,534
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

or any gas turbine engine___turbo jet____turbo prop....The D1 in my opinion is the better choice. eventually you will get tired of 350-400 hp and ull want more. save yourself the time and hearteache, get the D1. IMO i wouldnt get either if it were my money. id look at paxton or vortech. Id check out paxtons Novi1000 or 2000 and Vortechs V2-SQ. these blower make great numbers. And from what ive heard from a few shops the prochargers have oil leaking issues, and arent the quality of a Vortech or Paxton. but i could be wrong this is just hearsay from a few reputable shops.
Quote:
ORIGINAL: 04mineralgreyGT

The D1 isessentially the same as aP1 except for a different, more efficient impeller thus allowing it to produce more power in the higher rpm's. If you look at a P1's impeller the blades are straight, then you look at the D1 and the blades are curved over (look more like fan blades on a turbofan jet engine). It's not a bad upgrade if you plan on a little higher boost capabilities later on.
JJ03MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #18  
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bay Minette Alabama
Posts: 3,080
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

Go with the D-1. Just because it's much more efficient. With a 3.20 pulley it'll make 18 lbs of boost. If you get the p-1 and decide to build your motor and upgrade afterward it'll cost you 1000 dollars for the upgrade.
contentsunderpressur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #19  
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location:
Posts: 2,394
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

Ok since you asked nicely - the easiest way to put it is that the D-1 is a little bit better than a vortech T trim in regaurds to boost and power output, the D1 will build boost more quickly due to a higher step ratio - also the D -1 sounds sick.. however its not self contained (i think they make both though) the P1 - is equivilant to the v2 vortech, however its louder all the way through and makes a few more ponies in general - but nothing of significance, the difference bewteen the two is basically the same as v2 vs. T trim

also the spec sheet is like all other internet advertising... it falls short of reality, like all of those 900 TT cobras everybody likes to post, however prochargers 1/4 times are pretty dead on, and vortechs listed numbers are very underated... the fastest GT that i have seen (verified) is a pi 96, stock motor v2 sq,10lbs of boost full suspension and slicks, about 395 or so whp, and 420 or so wtq... runing 11.4, give or take a few... pretty impressive.
bransdaman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #20  
davidsv8mustang
3rd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 560
Default RE: D-1SC / P-1SC

Hey thanks for all your help guys, I'll have to do a little more research now for the next couple months to decide what ill go with. I'll have to look into the D-1SC self contained issue, because thats what really drew me to procharger in the first place. I have heard that they have leaking issues, but i heard the fix is to put the extra gasket (I guess comes with it) on and tightin it up. The D-1SC maybe a very reasonable upgrade that I may go with it if, and only if i can get it self-contained. Thanks again guys.
davidsv8mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW 96-98 4.6 GT MOD MUSTANG PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER Sean97 Parts For Sale 6 11-21-2006 02:01 AM
P-1SC vs. D-1SC 6charger8 Pipes, Boost & Juice 2 10-06-2006 12:43 PM
procharger question beezy 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 11 10-03-2006 11:58 AM
Procharger P-1SC or D-1SC????? blacllkllsi 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 1 08-29-2006 08:13 AM
which one is better neogenic83 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 1 10-17-2004 02:20 PM


Tags
04, 50, 89, change, d1sc, horsepower, identification, impeller, max, mustang, oil, p1sc, pb600, procharger, specs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.