MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   sct x calibrator II (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/246467-sct-x-calibrator-ii.html)

matts0809 02-17-2007 01:17 AM

sct x calibrator II

what do yall think about the sct x calibrator II???
also ive never had a tuner before, and i'm not very good with car "stuff," so would this be easy to use???
can i just change everything i need to (such as the gear size, tire size, rev limiters, etc.) what i want using the tool???
is it just a "click up to peed limiter and change that, click down to gear size and change, etc. or is it a lot more complicated???

97targa 02-17-2007 01:40 AM

RE: sct x calibrator II

pretty forward and basic! The tune is sifferent though. Your tuner might block out certain things like not allowing you to turn off your o2 sensors or egr stuf with that particular tune! Ask them efore they program a tune. If your car is stock, the programmer is kinda useless for performance but is a plus with the other stuff! If you just want to change stuff and not necesarily get a custom tune just buy a usd one and maybe get a tune done down the road after ading perf. parts

matts0809 02-17-2007 02:17 AM

if i get a used one without getting it tuned can i still change the rev and speed limiters, and will i be able to change the gears and make the speedometer correct???
as far as mods go, i am planning on getting wheels and tires, udp, cai, 4.10s, and new exhaust for now, but i will probably get some nitrous within one and a half to two years.

matts0809 02-17-2007 03:28 AM

help me
please!!!

2000GT4.6 02-17-2007 03:31 AM

You have to have the Xcal setup to use your correct computer code (its written on the doorsil and on the ECU itself) for your car. There is very little chance the used unit will be the correct one for your car.

Not only that, but if they have dumped the tune in and not taken it back out the handheld is useless without another tune being put in it.They only tune one car at a time, so its a good chance you could get screwed.

The xcal is an excellent unit. It offers alot of different programing changes and is backed up by a very good company.

lizzyfan 02-17-2007 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

The xcal is an excellent unit. It offers alot of different programing changes and is backed up by a very good company.
+1, anyone have the new Livewire?

Quick Shot xMLx 02-17-2007 02:17 PM

A complete idiot could use the SCT correctly. That's why it's so easy for me:D

lizzyfan 02-17-2007 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

A complete idiot could use the SCT correctly. That's why it's so easy for me:D
It take one to laugh at one! [sm=lol.gif]

qbuswell 02-17-2007 03:05 PM

who should I buy this tuner from?.....I want to get it from a company that will send one with the best tune I can pre-order....I was thinking of getting it from Texas Hotrods or American Muscle.....what do you guys think ...any experience with this? thanx in advance.

lizzyfan 02-17-2007 03:34 PM

Personally canned tunes suck. But the above mentioned are fine but you should get it on the dyno as soon as you can. Check performance shops in your area and see if they offer a package deal,( tune, tuner) most do