4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:44 AM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

Default suspension

i was wondering what you guys would suggest. im wanting to buy individual parts to make up my own kit. i dont want to buy a complete kit. im looking to lower my car about 1.5" and for a big improvement over the stock setup. any info would be great. thanks.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:59 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: suspension

The Eibach pro kit is good if you wanna lower your car 1.5 inches, but it won't help you out at the track? What exactly are you looking for in your car, do you just want it lower or do you want to know what kind of suspension mods to get for the track?
Old 02-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Get some H&R Super Sports, some CC plates, and nice set of aftermarket shocks/struts.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:08 AM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

my car is pretty much a daily not a lot of track time. i want to givehera nice stance along with great handling for the street. also i souldnt need cc plate unless i go lower than 2" right?

Old 02-17-2007, 03:31 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

if your lowering your car, cc plates are needed regardless of height, only time you would not need them is if you like uneven wear on your tires and you like replacing expensive tires....
if your looking for a simple solution go with the h&r springs and some strange adjustable shocks, that would prolly run you about 500-600 altogether if you look in the right places.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:41 AM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

i was thinking of getting a s/c in the near future... kb 9psi. are there any upgrades i would need when i get that?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

your rear end would need reinforcing, you would also need to upgrade your lower control arms if your gonna sc.... while your at it you might as well go and throw out your upper control arms and buy yourself a panhard bar and torque arm for a great handling car.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 AM
devsredgt
2nd Gear Member

what brand would you recommend for these mod? also what spline rear end would you recommend?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

By the end of this month I will be ordering the complete mm coil over kit, mm heavy duty torque arm, unadjustable LCA's, and a panhard bar...
I am not saying they are the best but I believe that mm and griggs are the best in suspension when it comes to mustangs, they only specialize in stang suspension and nothing else.

For the axles I am not too certain what is good, I can only tell you what I'm buying.
I have heard nothing but good things about moser 31 splines, frpp gears, dts 8.8" girdle, and I am currently looking into what would be a good tlock to buy with this.

My goals for my car are somewhat along the same lines as yours, this is a DD and will have a 2.1L ic'd kb with a built block and perf auto tranny. I am aiming for 500/500 rwhp street. So I hope that this helps ya a bit.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:15 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

your rear end would need reinforcing, you would also need to upgrade your lower control arms if your gonna sc.... while your at it you might as well go and throw out your upper control arms and buy yourself a panhard bar and torque arm for a great handling car.
Unless you plan on running something more sticky than a nitto style drag radial the 8.8 is generally fine to quite a bit of horsepower. Running nothing more sticky than the nittos allows for a saftey margin, as the tires will spin before the rear end breaks.

It is also not nessicary to upgrade anything else on the suspension for a stock shortblock car. Upgrading it will of course help, but the stock suspension is able to keep up fairly well until you can afford to do some more mods to it down the road.

Put it this way, the supercharger is not going to break anything (solong as you don't beat the hell out of it and follow thetire advice)or cause the car to be wildly unstreetable

Quick Reply: suspension