4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach Brake Upgrade

Old 02-15-2007, 12:43 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Default Mach Brake Upgrade

Hey guys, I got a quick question again. I found a guy locally selling an OEM set of Mach 1 brakes off of a crashed Mach 1 ( just the fronts). He has the calipers, rotors, OEM brake pads (4k miles on them), stainless lines, and brackets. I have the ability to purchase everything without the rotors if I want, which I do. My question is, where isa good place to get drilled/slotted rotors to fit the new brakes?

Thanks,
Shawn

EDIT: Also, what would be a good method to re-paint the calipers in red? I don't mind black, but my car needs some dam contrast.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:56 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mach Brake Upgrade

americanmuscle.com

factory rotors actually arent that bad, as drilled are prone to bracking and slotted wear out your pads faster... just a tid bit a ford mechaninc told me (SVT mech)

autozone (or the like) has some powder coat paint caliper kits, if you want to do it use one of them :P
Old 02-15-2007, 12:57 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

ps, would that guy sell his right front qtr panel? and is his hood in good condition? (i need a new one of each, lol)
Old 02-15-2007, 01:10 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dlazrael

americanmuscle.com

factory rotors actually arent that bad, as drilled are prone to bracking and slotted wear out your pads faster... just a tid bit a ford mechaninc told me (SVT mech)

autozone (or the like) has some powder coat paint caliper kits, if you want to do it use one of them :P
I know it'll hurt wear and tear, but 13 inchers without drilled/slotted rotors is like a tease, knowing how nice they would look lol.

EDIT: Oh yeah lol, I shoulda checked Americanmuscle before asking [&:] I always look there.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:11 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dlazrael

ps, would that guy sell his right front qtr panel? and is his hood in good condition? (i need a new one of each, lol)
I'll ask if he has any, but this guy has a little business with a friend where they buy wrecked/partially damaged cars, and either fix or part them out. I'll ask him tomorrow if he does.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:15 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Anybody with good info on painting the calipers red? Also, should I just keep my stock rears with just upgraded rotors/pads, and just paint the calipers to match? The guy said it would create break bias, but will this really hurt anything? Thanks.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 AM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

Dont paint them get them powdercoated they come out way better. I left my rears stock no point when they only do 10% in braking, I just put a matching powerslot rotor in.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:10 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Ya see, the calipers are obviously not on the car yet, so I'm looking for a quality paint on them, not just the little Autozone kit that burns off after 3k miles. I just don't know where I should get them powdercoated.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:11 AM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

I painted my calipers red, easy as pie, i didnt even taken them off the car, simply took the tire off, used some news paper and tape and went to town with caliper specific paint, came out pretty pimp and is a lot cheaper than powder coating.

btw ive had them painted for prolly 10k miles and still look new, just make sure to sand em down a little bit to make sure the paint will stick good, doesnt pay to do a half *** job
Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Hmm has anybody done the self painting and used clear on top of it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mach Brake Upgrade