4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

injector question? more HP

Old 02-18-2007, 03:58 AM
freeunit
2nd Gear Member

Default injector question? more HP

My buddy says because he has bigger injectors his car is faster and that it adds more horsepower, he does not no what size they are but to me it sounds like it would not do any help becuase he has all stock motor and stuff. let me know what you think, he hasa 02 GT
Old 02-18-2007, 04:01 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: injector question? more HP

Bigger injectors will do nothing for a lightly modded/bolton only car.

Simply putting bigger injectors in will not do anything. In fact, if you acutally swap in bigger injectors without a retune it will screw up the air/fuel ratio.

Your friend is wrong. Prove it to him by racing !
Old 02-18-2007, 06:36 AM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

Yeah....unless the stock injectors can't provide enough fuel (which they can) youre not going to gain any hp by using bigger injectors. It would probably just run a tiny bit richer, decreasing hp.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:30 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

They will just add more fuel unless they are calibrated and tuned. More fuel (richer condition)= less power. More air (balanced to a perfect a/f ratio)= more power. Your buddy hasn't a clue of what he's talking about.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:42 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

Tell your friend to STFU.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:49 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. The stock injectors can add enough fuel to handle 100 shot of nitrous (dry) or maybe more. There is no way he was maxing out the duty cycle of the stock ones, so why would he think bigger one's would add more power?
Old 02-18-2007, 02:59 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. The stock injectors can add enough fuel to handle 100 shot of nitrous (dry) or maybe more. There is no way he was maxing out the duty cycle of the stock ones, so why would he think bigger one's would add more power?
That is the young kid/Ricer mentality...they talk out of their *** instead of actually reasearching something.
I mostly hear kids with imports talking like that but since alot of the older modulars are getting cheap kids are buying them and these kids have grown up in the Fast & Furious world so Domestic Ricers are getting bigger in numbers [&o]
Old 02-18-2007, 03:01 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

By the minute
ORIGINAL: droptoppony

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

That is the young kid/Ricer mentality...they talk out of their *** instead of actually reasearching something.
I mostly hear kids with imports talking like that but since alot of the older modulars are getting cheap kids are buying them and these kids have grown up in the Fast & Furious world so Domestic Ricers are getting bigger in numbers [&o]
Old 02-18-2007, 03:45 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: freeunit

My buddy says because he has bigger injectors his car is faster and that it adds more horsepower, he does not no what size they are but to me it sounds like it would not do any help becuase he has all stock motor and stuff. let me know what you think, he hasa 02 GT
For each psi an injector has it can support right around 16hp! 19lb injectors can suport 304hp I think your friend may have pink toppers which are 22lb'ers they can support applications up to 352hp. So completely stock motor is getting more than enough juice that is needed. Even if he had every bolt-on they make with a full exhaust set-up the 19lbers are still plenty!
Old 02-18-2007, 03:49 PM
freeunit
2nd Gear Member

cool thats what i thought. He has a five speed with a filter and cat-back system. I have intake,
accufab T/P, steeda pulleys, o/r H pipe, catback, 4.10's and u/l control arms. who will win? i do have an automatic. Im just excited to go to the track on march 10th. will be the first time ever for me to race there, cant wait to see what i run.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: injector question? more HP